Windows Installer service could not be accessed error is quite annoying. It prevents you from installing applications or programs on your computer. This problem is not deadly, even so solving it as quick as possible is the best thing you should do.
There are 3 easy ways that you can do to solve the Windows Installer service error on your PC. We will discuss them on this post. Thus, you can read and follow them.
3 Easy Ways to Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed Issue
Solution 1: Uninstall the Previous Version
The first method you can try to fix the Windows Installer service could not be accessed error is uninstall the old version of software before installing the new one. This will clean the temporary files and cache of the software. Once the system is clean, you can install the software you want.
How to uninstall a program in Windows? It is quite easy. Here are the instructions to follow:
- Click on the Start menu and type Control Panel. You will see the main interface.
- Go to Programs and Features and choose the program you want to remove.
- Right-click on the program and hit Uninstall.
When you have completely uninstalled the previous program, now install the program you want. The Windows Installer service error should have gone by now.
Solution 2: Reinstall Windows Installer
The method above does not work? Well, you can try the second method: reinstall Windows installer. Follow the instructions below to do so:
- Hit the Windows key and R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog. Then type cmd and hit OK.
- Type the following command and hit Enter after each command:
- cd %windir%\system32
- ren msi.dll msi.old
- ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old
- ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old
- Quit the Command Prompt by typing exit command.
- Restart your PC and update the Windows Installer to the latest version from the Microsoft official website.
- Reboot your computer once again then install the program you need. Check if the Windows Installer service issue still appears.
Solution 3: Re-register Microsoft Installer Service
This is the third method for you to fix Windows Installer error in case the two methods above failed. In this method, we will try to re-register Microsoft Installer Service. Take a look at the steps-wise below for the detail:
- Open Command Prompt by typing cmd in the search box and choose Command Prompt.
- Type the following commands and hit Enter after each command:
- %windir%\system32\msiexec.exe /unregister
- %windir%\system32\msiexec.exe /regserver
- %windir%\syswow64\msiexec.exe /unregister
- %windir%\syswow64\msiexec.exe /regserver
- Insert exit command to quit the command prompt window.
Now, restart your computer and see the changes. Try to install the program you need and check if the error has been resolved.
Hopefully the Windows Installer service could not be accessed error has solved now. So, you can install the program you need on your computer without any problem. Now, you can sit back and relax.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!