Windows Security Center Service can’t be started? No worries. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows Security Center Service can’t be started problem. There are three simple methods that you can do.
Security Center is pretty crucial for Windows OS. It protects your system from the unwanted malware that can harm your PC. There are several reasons why the Security Center on Windows can’t be started:
- You don’t configure the Security Center properly.
- Incorrect ‘log on user’ configuration on the Security Center.
- A malware blocked the Security Center.
Absolutely, there are many other unknown reason that causes the Windows Security Center Service cannot work properly. We don’t waste your time any longer. Let’s check the methods.
3 Simple Ways to Fix Windows Security Center Service Can’t Be Started
Method 1. Enable Security Center
We will show you how to enable the Security Center service step by step.
- Press Windows Key and R key together to open the Run dialog.
- Type services.msc in the box and click OK or hit Enter to continue.
- On the Service window, select Security Center and double-click it to continue.
- Next, on the General tab, change the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start) and change the Service status to start by clicking Start button.
- Then, click OK to continue.
- Restart PC.
Note: If Windows Service Center service can’t be started, you need to enter the Service window again using the same method of Steps 1 and 2. Then find out Remote Procedure Call(RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation services. Change their Startup type and Service status to Automatic and Started.
Method 2. Run System File Checker
- Open Search box and write cmd. Right-click it to choose Run as administrator to continue.
- Then, type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Exit the window after it is finished. Restart your PC and see if the error has gone.
Method 3. Repair the WMI Repository to Fix Windows Security Center Service
- Open cmd and Run as administrator.
- Write winmgmt /verifyrepository in the Command Prompt window. Press Enter.
- When you see a text ‘WMI repository is consistent’, it means that the error Windows Security Center service can’t be started is not caused by the WMI repository. You need to figure out another way to fix it.
- But, if you see a text ‘WMI repository is inconsistent’ after typing the command, it means that you need to repair the WMI repository. Then, type winmgmt /salvagerepository in the CMD window and hit Enter.
- You will get a message ‘WMI repository has been salvaged’.
- Exit the window and restart your computer to see the effect.
That’s all! We hope the Windows Security Center Service can’t be started error can be resolved. This problem should be fix as soon as possible as it deals with your data protection.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!