Encrypt content to secure data has been a popular topic to discuss when it comes to security and privacy. Many Windows users are wondering about how to encrypt data in Windows when the option is greyed out. You’d better worry not. We have 3 top solutions that you can try. Read on the discussion on the post.
3 TOP Ways to Encrypt Content to Secure Data Greyed Out
Solution 1. Set Encrypting File System to Automatic
In the first solution, we will try to set encrypting file system to automatic to secure data greyed out Windows 10. Follow the detail guidance from the instructions below:
- Hit Windows + R keys together to open Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the box and hit Enter.
- Find the Encrypt File System service and double-click on it.
- Go to the General tab in the Encrypting File System Properties window.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic.
- Finally, click OK and reboot your computer.
Solution 2. Enable EFS Using Windows Registry
To fix Windows 10 encryption issue, in the second solution, we will try to enable encrypting file system using Windows registry. Check on the steps below:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch Run dialog box.
- Type regedit in the box and hit OK.
- In the Registry Editor window, follow the path below to find out the FileSystem folder.
- Locate the key named NtfsDisableEncryption on the right side. Double-click it and a window will popup.
- Set the Value data to 0 and click OK to go on.
- Reboot your computer and see if the encryption Windows issue has solved.
Solution 3. Enable EFS Using Command Prompt
There is another way to enable encryption file system, that is using Command Prompt. You can refer to this method if the above method is quite confusing for you. Here we go:
- Type Command Prompt in the search box of Windows 10. Right-click it and choose Run as administrator.
- Type fsutil behavior set disableencryption 0 in the Command Prompt and press Enter.
- Finally reboot your computer to take effect whether the issue encrypt contents to secure data greyed out Windows 10 is solved.
CHECK ALSO: Easy Tutorial to Migrate Windows OS to SSD/HDD
Those were the methods to encrypt content to secure data greyed out in Windows. You can follow the methods above if you encounter similar problem on your Windows PC at the moment. Hopefully the tutorial above can help you fix encryption Windows issue.
For queries and suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!