The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b) issue is now happening on your computer? This is a quite common issue that can happen on Windows computer. There are several methods that you can do to fix this issue. We will discuss them in this post. Stay tuned!
While having this issue on your PC, you might see different error code, such as 0xc000007b, 0x80070005, 0x80070002, 0x80070057, 0x80004005, etc. Why does this error occur? There are several main reasons as the answer:
- There might be a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit of a Windows version and application.
- The installation software is corrupted
- It requires the latest update of Windows system
Here, we will learn how to get rid of this issue on your computer.
4 Easy Ways to Fix The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly
Before jumping to the methods below, you can try to restart the computer and run the application. Sometimes reboot computer is the simplest way to fix problems in Windows.
Fix 1. Run the Application as an Administrator
The first thing you can do when you face the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b) issue on your PC, you can try to run the application as an administrator to fix the problem. Some applications need the administrator permission in order to run perfectly. Check on the detailed instructions below to do so:
- Find the application you want to open and right-click on it. Select the Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility section in the popup window and tick Run this program as an administrator. Press OK.
- Go back to the application and try to run it. Check if the application can run smoothly now.
Fix 2. Reinstall the Application
If you read the second method, it will likely that the first method failed. No worries, you can try the second method: reinstall the application. It could be that the reason why the application was unable to start correctly is because of the corrupted installation file. This method is quite effective to get rid of this type of issue. Thus, you should give it a try.
- Go to the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features.
- Choose the program you want to uninstall and right-click on it. Press Uninstall to proceed.
- To make sure that there is no files left from the installation, you can use a cleaner app.
- Reboot your computer and install the software once again.
Run the application and see if the issue has gone.
Fix 3. Install the Latest Version of .NET Framework
Some applications requires the latest version of .NET Framework. This files is a software framework developed by Microsoft. So, make sure that you have updated the .NET Framework on your computer. If you are using an older version of it, then you should update it right away. Follow the steps-wise below:
- Go to the Control Panel in Windows PC and choose Programs and Features.
- Hit Turn Windows features on or off on the left panel. Next, you will see a Windows Features window.
- Tick on .NET Framework 3.5(include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and press OK.
After that you will see a window that ask you to download .NET Framework. Download this file and install it. Restart your computer when it’s done. Find the software and try to run it to check if the issue the application was unable to start correctly is solved.
Note: Just click here to download .NET Framework.
Fix 4. Run CHKDSK Command
If the issue persists after performing the three methods above, it could be that there is something wrong with the hardware. Thus, try to run chkdsk command to fix the problem. Check on the steps below:
- Click on the Windows logo and type Command Prompt in the search box. Choose Run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk c: /f /r in the command prompt and press Enter to continue. Type Y to go on.
After it is completed, you can reboot your computer and run the application again. The error 0xc000007b on Windows should have disappeared by now.
READ ALSO: Download Swannview Link for Windows 10
Hopefully the 4 methods above can fix the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b) issue on your computer. Another thing you should make sure is that the software matches with your Windows version, 32 bit or 64 bit. For your information, the 32 bit Windows cannot run 64 bit software. So, you should check on the software requirements once again if the issue persists.
If the application requires 64 bit Windows while your Windows version is 32 bit, there is no other choices than to upgrade your Windows version to 64 bit. You can contact the technical support for this.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!