In this post we will learn the 4 ways to use Recovery Options on Windows 10. This feature is quite useful yet powerful to fix problems on Windows PC. Thus, you should know how to use it just in case you need it one day.
4 Ways to Use Recovery Options on Windows 10
Method 1 – Startup Repair
The first thing you can do when you have problem on Windows is to use the Startup Repair in the Recovery option. This tool is quite powerful to solve the common problems that prevent your computer from booting.
- To use this feature, you should boot Windows from the installation media CD/DVD. Then, go to the Troubleshoot for Windows 10 Recovery Options.
- Choose the Advanced Options > Startup Repair.
- Select your account, insert the password, and press Continue.
Generally, Windows 10 will detect and try to repair the problem automatically when the computer is unable to restart.
Method 2 – Command Prompt
The second method you can try when Startup Repair fails to fix the booting issue is the Command Prompt.
- Get yourself to the Advanced Options screen and select Command Prompt.
- Type commands to repair it. (Click Windows Commands for help.)
Method 3 – System Image Recovery
The third method is for those who have ever created a system image in advance. If you are one of them, you are quite lucky. You can use the system image recovery Windows 10 to repair your computer. With the help of system image recovery Windows 10, you can restore the system image that contains Windows 10 OS, software and data. The detailed steps are as follows:
- Select System Image Recovery in Advanced options to go on.
- Find the latest system image or an image backup from the place where you save it in advance. And then hit Next.
- Do the guides on the screen to restore your PC. A warning window for formatting may pop up during the process. Just hit Yes.
If you haven’t created system images and wondered how to create one, you can read the steps below:
- Hit the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Backup. Press Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- Click Create a system image under backup and restore section.
- Locate a place to save the system image backup and then hit Next. (You can store it on a hard disk, a DVD, or on a network location.)
- Select drives that you want to back up and press Next. Confirm the backup settings and start backup.
CHECK ALSO: Download Hotstar for PC Windows 10/8/7 or Laptop
Method 4 – Reset This PC
If due to some reasons the previous methods fail to fix the problems on Windows, you can try reset this PC feature. This option will restore Windows to its factory default settings. This is a good option if you want to refresh your computer too. There are two options on Reset This PC feature:
- Keep my files: This option attempts to fix software problem by reinstalling Windows 10. It will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings while keeping your personal files.
- Remove everything: This option will reinstall Windows 10 and remove all your personal files, apps and drivers you installed and setting changes you made. If you decide to recycle or sell your computer, you should choose this one to avoid disclosure of personal information.
Choose the option carefully before proceeding.
Those were the 4 ways to use Recovery Options on Windows 10. These features provided by Windows 10 OS are quite powerful to fix the problems on Windows. However, we suggest you to back up the data on your computer regularly to prevent data lost.
If you happen to have questions or suggestions, we are welcome for any feedback. Thank you for reading, Folks!