Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows Operating System and the most advance OS of its family. It comes up with a lot of great features that are useful for its users. However, there is no such a perfect Operating System. Some Windows 10 users reported that they got Windows 10 stuck on loading screen while trying to start the Windows 10. It takes forever and no sign on going to the desktop.
It is an annoying problem that you should solve as soon as possible. Here, we have some solutions that you can do in order to fix Windows 10 stuck on loading screen. Read on.
- How to Fix Windows Update 0x80070020 Error in Windows
- Three Ways to Fix Unable to Connect to NVIDIA Error in Windows
- How to Fix Black Screen Error in Windows 10
Why does “Windows 10 Hangs at Loading Screen” issue occur?
Windows 10 stuck on black screen with spinning dots may occur in different situations. Three common scenarios are here:
1. Windows Update Stuck on Loading Screen.
Some users say that they want to upgrade their Windows OS to the latest Windows 10, but finally, Windows 10 stuck on black loading screen without any process issue happens.
2. Windows 10 Stuck on Spinning Dots on Startup
A lot of users claim that they are unable to turn on Windows 10 normally because it has been getting stuck on the black screen with white spinning dots at the bottom just before the login screen.
3. Windows 10 Hangs at Loading Screen When Upgrading Nvidia Drivers
A few Windows 10 users post on the internet that when they try to update their Nvidia drivers, the computer screen becomes black suddenly. After doing a hard reset of the system, Windows 10 black screen spinning dots issue occurs.
Of course, there are also other circumstances which will not be listed in this post. However, the result is the same: Windows 10 stuck on black screen with spinning dots.
This is really an annoying thing because you are unable to boot your computer properly. Thus, to get your computer out of the Windows 10 freezing on loading screen issue is the highest priority. In this post, we collect several methods which receive some positive feedbacks on the internet. If you are facing the same issue, please try them one by one.
5 Ways to Fix Window 10 Stuck on Loading Screen Issue
Method 1: Enter Safe Mode
Entering Safe Mode and doing something useful is another easy way to fix this issue. Here, there are four different operations for different situations after you enter the Safe Mode. You can select a proper operation according to your actual situation.
1. If you encounter this issue when you are trying to update Nvidia Derivers, you can enter the Safe Mode and make a roll back of the Nvidia drivers. Then try to restart your computer in normal mode.
2. In some cases, “Windows stuck on loading screen” issue is caused by Windows update or other problems. At this time, you can enter the Safe Mode, do nothing and then reboot your computer.
3. Virus or malware may cause “Windows stuck on loading screen” issue. Why not use a piece of antivirus software to scan your computer in Safe Mode, remove all the virus and malware from your computer, and then try to restart your computer.
4. It is possible that the installed antivirus software conflicts with the current Windows OS, and then “Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots” issue happens when you want to start your computer. So, you can uninstall that antivirus software in Safe Mode, and then restart your computer to verify whether it is normal.
Method 2: Do System Repair
In case that there is something wrong with Windows 10 system, you can do system repair to fix it. Since you can’t boot Windows 10 normally, you need to use a Windows 10 installation CD or enter the Safe Mode to open command prompt window and type “bootrec.exe /fix” to do a system repair.
If system repair still doesn’t work for you, try method 3.
Method 3: Do System Restore
If the above four methods can’t fix “Windows 10 freezing on loading screen” issue, you can also do a system restore which will take your computer back to an earlier point in time. However, you have to make sure that there is a full system backup on your computer, and the system protection is turned on.
Here, you still need to do it in Safe Mode. Please follow these operations: press “Start” button > select “Control Panel” > search for “Recovery” > click “Open System Restore” > press “Next” > choose the restore point you want to use > select “Next” > choose “Finish”.
Note: If you don’t see any restore points and receive the warning “System protection is turned off. To turn it back on so that you can use System Restore, configure system protection” after you click “Open System Restore”, this method will be unavailable because you can’t turn on system protection in Safe Mode.
Method 4: Clear CMOS Memory
Misconfiguration of BIOS may be the cause of Windows 10 freezing on loading screen. So you can clear the BIOS memory on the computer motherboard which can return the BIOS settings to the factory settings.
Method 5: Clean Reinstall Windows 10
If all of the above methods are unavailable to solve “Windows hangs at loading screen” issue, you should try to do a clean reinstallation of Windows 10. Before reinstallation, you can use “Copy Disk” function of MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition to back up all data on the computer, format your computer hard drive and then reinstall Windows 10 to fix Windows 10 stuck on black loading screen.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to Boot In Safe Mode on Windows 10 / 8
- How to Install Windows 10 and Get A Windows 10 License
- Download GT Recovery for PC Windows
That’s all! Hopefully the methods above can solve Windows 10 stuck problem on your computer. If the problem persists, you can contact the technical support.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to drop in the comments box below. Thank you for reading, Folks!