Instagram is not the only social media that gains popularity. There is similar social media and multimedia messaging app that gains popularity, Snapchat. Snapchat is available for both Android and iOS devices. Even though there is no official Snapchat for PC, we have a method that will allow you to have it on your computer. In this post, you will find a way how to download Snapchat for PC Windows 10/8/7.
With Snapchat, you will be able to send photo and video messages to family and friends. This is a fun way to share the moment rather than sending text only. You can add caption, filter, or stickers to your photo or video to make it more interesting. There are some effects that you can also apply to your photo or video.
Have a video chat with friends or family up to 16 members at once. You can even use filters and effects during video call. Follow your friends or family to watch their stories or get update about them. You can even take your old moments and edit it before sending it to friends or saving it in your Gallery.
Download Snapchat for PC
File name: Snapchat 10.44.1.0 Beta (Version varies with the device)
File size: 77.9 MB
Requirement: Windows 7/8/10
Author: Snap Inc.
How to download Snapchat for PC Windows 10
You might have known that Snapchat is actually an Android application and doesn’t support Windows computer system. Hence, we will use BlueStacks Android emulator app that will allow us to run Snapchat on Windows PC perfectly. Through the method below, we will give you clear step-to-step, just read them thoroughly.
- Open the new tab on your browser and visit the official website of BlueStacks or just follow the link here: Download BlueStacks Installer file.
- Check you internet connection before you proceed to download BlueStacks installer file as the file is quite big, around 400MB.
- Once the download has been completed, find the BlueStacks installer file that is usually stored in the Download folder. Double click on it to start the installation.
- You will see a clear guidance on your screen to install BlueStacks on your Windows computer. Follow them all.
- When the installation finishes, launch the BlueStacks app by clicking on the icon on the desktop.
- Insert the Google account like you do when having an Android device for the first time to finish the setup of BlueStacks.
- Leave the BlueStacks app for a while to run on the background. Or, you can minimize it.
- Download the Snapchat APK file by clicking on the download button above.
- Locate the Snapchat APK file that you have just downloaded. Drag and drop Snapchat APK file to the BlueStacks home screen.
- The BlueStacks emulator will install Snapchat on your computer automatically.
- Once it is completed, Snapchat for PC is ready to use.
That’s it! Now, you have Snapchat for PC after following the method above. You will have similar experience of the Snapchat for Android and iOS version. The only benefit you get from Snapchat for Windows computer is you have bigger screen. BlueStack emulator will give you a better experience in running Android apps and games on Windows computer. In other words, you can try install other Android apps and games other than Snapchat on your computer using this emulator.
How is your opinion of Snapchat for Windows PC? We would love to hear your thought. Feel free to share it on the comments section or you can contact us. Please share this article to your friends who are also using Snapchat. They might want to try having Snapchat on their computer as well. Thank you for reading win10repair. Enjoy your Snapchat for Windows, Folks!