Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is probably one of the scaries error that many Windows users wish they didn’t encounter. This problem can happen out of nowhere without any prior notifications. When you experience this error, a message will appear on your screen saying “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to Restart. We’re just collecting some error info and then we’ll restart for you. If you’d like to know more, you can search online later for this error: driver irql_less_or_not_equal”. Don’t worry. We will give you solution for driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows 10.
Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Error in Windows 10/8/7
There are several reasons why this Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error occurs in Windows. You can see them in the list below to figure which reason that is yours.
- Recent Software modification
- Corrupt .SYS files
- Outdated or Corrupt drivers
- Hardware Malfunctions
- Incomplete Windows installation
- Bad RAM management
- Overclocking clock speed
While for the types, there are several kinds of Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL issue. Each of them has different meaning. Check the list below:
- Driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 blue screen – This error means that the system crashes and it shows a blue screen while dumping files.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ql2300.sys, epfwwfp.sys, e1c62x64.sys, rdbss.sys, rdyboost.sys, rtkhdaud.sys, rtwlane.sys, tcpip.sys, tap0901.sys, tdx.sys, usbport.sys, usbhub.sys, igdkmd64.sys, netio.sys – The names you see are on the list are the corrupt files that cause the error.
- Third Error: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal on startup – This issue usually appears when you start your PC and it can lead to boot loop.
- Fourth Error: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal McAfee, AVG, Avira, Kaspersky – This issue happens because of the third-party security software installations.
After you have known all the possibilities that cause the error in Windows and the meaning of each error. Now let’s discuss the solutions to fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error.
Solution for Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows [FIXED]
Method 1 – Restart PC
Restarting PC is the basic way to fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows. If you can successfully boot without getting stuck in the boot loop error. It means you have successfully fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows.
Method 2 – Update Drivers and BIOS
Updating all drivers and BIOS could be one of the best ways to fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows. You can check the drivers version from the official website of the manufacturer.
Method 3 – Check Hardware
Hardware malfunction can be one of the reason why you have Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows. To check if there is something wrong with your hardware, you can bring it to a hardware engineer. Don’t try to check the hardware by yourself if you don’t know anything about it. Some reports experienced that this error happened due to the Audio card failure.
Method 4 – Remove Overclocking Tool
Some of Windows users do overclock their PC in order to boost the performance. It can give them a quick increase by pushing their processor to its limit.
This experiment comes with a big risk and Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error can be one of the issues that happens because of overclocking. In order to fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows, you must remove all overclocking application in PC.
Method 5 – Reset Windows
This is might be the last thing that you can do to fix Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows when other methods fail. But before you perform this solution, you must backup all the data in your Hard Drive.
Note: This method will erase everything in the system. Backup data before proceeding.
1. Hit Windows + I key to run Settings.
2. Press Update and Security option.
3. Select the Recovery tab in the left column.
4. Click Reset this PC.
5. Press Remove Everything.
Now, your computer will start to reset your PC Windows 10 accordingly. Be patient while waiting the process finishes. The Blue screen error will not appear again in the future.
Those are the five solutions for Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error in Windows [FIXED]. We hope it can help and you don’t encounter similar problem in the future. Should you have any questions, you can write them in the Comment section below. Thank you for reading win10repair!