Windows 10 is a popular and the latest version of Windows OS series. This version brings a lot of new features that are pretty amazing. But, this great OS is not perfect. There are common problems that appear on Windows 10 and active directory domain service currently unavailable is one of them. This error appears when you connect your computer with a new printer. The reports that we got, the error came from printers of HP, Lexmark, Canon, etc.
In this post, we will discuss how to fix an error message sayung active directory domain services is currently unavailable. There are several ways you can try to solve this directory domain service error in Windows 10. Here we go:
Method 1 – Use Troubleshooting Tool
The Windows Troubleshooting tool is the first thing you can do in order to fix this problem. Follow the guides below:
- Press on Windows + W keys and write troubleshooting.
- Choose your printer and use the Troubleshooting tool to check and repair the issues.
The active directory domain services is currently unavailable error in Windows 10 should have resolved by now. If you still encounter the same problem, go to the next method.
Method 2 – Check Network Installation
The second method you can do is checking the Network installation if the active directory domain services is currently unavailable error still persists. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Control Panel and select Printers. Click on Add new Printer.
- Then, press on Network Printer and Browse for Printer.
This should get rid of the error. If not, try the next method.
- Fix Network Protocols Are Missing Error in Windows
- Fix DNS Server Error in Windows
- Solve “There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC” Error in Windows 10 / 8
Method 3 – Reinstalling the Drivers
Corrupted drivers can be the culprit of the active directory domain services is currently unavailable error in Windows 10. Many said that it can successfully fix the problem. So, it is worth it to give it a shot.
Method 4 – Restarting Printer Spooler
Try this way if you still experience the error in Windows 10.
- Hit Windows + R keys to trigger the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the box.
- You will see a list of result and select Print Spooler.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- If the Service Status is Running, you can stop it and restart it again.
The active directory domain services is currently unavailable error should disappear now.
Method 5 – Reboot your router and add the printer again
This is the last method that you can try if the error keeps coming.
- Restart the router and disable your firewall temporary.
- Reboot your PC.
- After restart, go to Control Panel and choose Printers.
- Select Add New Printer. Then, choose Browse for Printer and Add the device.
- How to Boot In Safe Mode on Windows 10 / 8
- Windows Update Not Working Error [SOLVED]
- Fix svchost.exe High CPU Usage Issue on Windows
The active directory domain services is currently unavailable error in Windows 10 should have gone by now. We really hope that the methods from us can help you fix the error. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about it.
Have you tried the methods? Or, do you have other methods that can fix the error? We would like to hear it from you. Stay tuned in win10repair.