For mobile people, working on a laptop gives more benefits than working on PC. Both types of computers are using Windows as the Operating System (OS). Since a laptop is for mobile users, the power depends a lot from the battery. One common error that likes to show up on a laptop, related to the battery, is not charging problem. This is indeed frustrating to have this kind of error because you cannot charge the battery and it makes you impossible to mobile. Hence, in this post, we are going to discuss about how to fix battery not charging error in Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Reason for “Plugged in, Not Charging” Error
Normally, when we plug in our laptop, the screen will be brighten and you will see the indicator of the battery charging. However, some Windows users reported that the indicator that we have just mentioned didn’t appear when they plug in the charger. Instead, they have an error like this:
97% available (plugged in, not charging)
This indicates that the charging process doesn’t work well. Before judging that you need a new battery or else, you should consider the reasons of battery not charging error, especially after you upgrade to Windows 10. There are some factors that cause this error to happen on your laptop.
- Outdated or corrupter device drivers
- System settings failure
- Virus or malware
- Software or hardware malfunction
Those are the factors that could cause the plugged in, not charging error in Windows 10. To fix this battery not charging error in your laptop, you should do the following method.
How to Fix Battery Not Charging Error in Laptop Windows 10
We have several methods that you can try to fix the battery not charging error that usually happens after you upgrade Windows 10. You don’t need to be a professional to follow the methods below.
Method 1 – Restart Laptop
This is the simplest thing that you can do to get rid of battery not charging error in your laptop.
1. Firstly, shut down your laptop and unplug the power.
2. Secondly, remove the battery for 3-5 minutes.
3. Thirdly, place the battery back and turn on the laptop.
You can plug in the power cable to see if the battery not charging error has gone.
Method 2 – Scan for Virus
Virus can be one of the reasons the battery not charging error in your laptop. To resolve this issue on your laptop, download or update your Antivirus and do full scan. There are a lot of reliable antivirus that you can use for your Windows system. Norton, AVG, Avast, and many more can be used for scanning and removing the virus.
Restart your laptop and plug in the power. See if you have fixed the battery not charging error.
Method 3 – Use Command Prompt
System malfunction could be another reason for the error too. Do the following steps to fix battery not charging error in laptop Windows 10.
1. Press Windows + X key together to open Power user menu.
2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Type the following command in the Command Prompt”
4. Now hit Enter.
It may take a little longer. Be patient when waiting for the process to finish. After it has finished, you can restart the laptop and check if the issue has resolved.
Method 4 – Update Battery Drivers
Outdated drivers could cause the battery not charging error in Windows 10. Therefore, you should update your battery drivers after you upgrade into Windows 10. Do as follows:
1. Right click the Windows icon to expand the menu. Then, select Device Manager.
2. In the Device Manager, choose Batteries and click the arrow to expand it.
3. After that, right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
4. Then, hit Uninstall option.
5. Locate Actions option > Scan for hardware changes option.
6. Now, click the arrow near Batteries to expand it.
7. Select Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > Update Driver Software option.
8. Next, choose Search automatically for updated driver software. If you have the required driver on your laptop, you can choose Browse my computer for driver software.
Let the driver installation process work by itself. You can restart your laptop when it is complete. The battery not charging problem must have resolved. You can now use your laptop like usual.
Those are the best four method that you can try to fix battery not charging error in laptop Windows 10. If the error still persists after you perform the methods above, you should check the charger or the battery. It could be that you need to replace one of them. Call your technical support for detail information. We hope it helps you. Thank you for reading win10repair.