Gaming users that uses Windows Operating System (OS) must be familiar with NVIDIA. NVIDIA is one of the best graphic cards that they can install on the motherboard in order to get stunning graphics. However, some Windows users experience an error when installing NVIDIA on their computer. In this article, we will discuss the error of NVIDIA Installer failed issue. Read the following to know how to fix NVIDIA installer failed error in Windows 10.
What cause NVIDIA Installer Failed error
It is common to see NVIDIA Installer Failed error in Windows 10, 8 or 7 when the Windows users are setting up NVIDIA. This issue mostly happens on Windows 10 and they cannot update the driver in order to fix NVIDIA Installer Failed issue. It is because Windows 10 is up-to-date already. Unlike the other version of Windows, you can just upgrade your Windows version, such as Windows 7 to SP2 or Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
This NVIDIA Installer Failed error happens when the Windows system does multiple tasks. In this case, the Windows is downloading and installing GPU drivers in the background. During this progress, you try to install NVIDIA driver. Then, NVIDIA Installer Failed error is the result that you get. But it is not the only reason that cause the error. There are other possibilities that cause this error in Windows, such as malware or virus.
I have encountered this problem and my system is Windows 10. What should I do? We suggest you to keep calm and do the following suggestions in order to check before the we proceed to the solutions.
- Check if Windows is running the latest update or version.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware for the motherboard BIOS.
- HD should have enough free space.
- Deactivated the onboard graphic chipset and set BIOS to use current discrete video card as main.
- Deactivated Antivirus and firewall temporarily to check if the issue happens because of them. Activate them again if the issue still persists.
- Plug the graphic card in to another slot.
After you have done all things above and you still see the NVIDIA Installer Failed error in Windows 10, you can try the solutions below.
How to Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed Error in Windows
We provide 2 solutions to repair NVIDIA Installer Failed error in Windows 10. These methods can also be applied in Windows 8 and 7.
Method 1 – Update NVIDIA Drivers
The first thing you should do to fix NVIDIA Installer Failed error in Windows 10, 8, and 7. There are two ways to update NVIDIA drivers: automatically and manually. We will show you how to do both.
A. Update drivers automatically
1. Visit this NVIDIA official page to update the driver automatically. The website will scan your computer automatically.
2. The website will offer you to download and install drivers after the scan finishes.
B. Update drivers manually
1. Hit Windows + X key together and choose Device Manager.
2. Locate and expand Display Adapters.
3. Right click Nvidia Geforce Drivers. Select Update driver software.
4. Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
5. Windows will search the available drivers online. You should have internet connection to perform this.
6. Download and install drivers if available.
If the new update driver is not available, then you should go to the next method.
Method 2 – Kill NVIDIA Processes
The second method that we are going to do is killing all NVIDIA processes and remove the redundant files. We believe this way will resolve NVIDIA Installer Failed issue in Windows.
1. Hit CTRL + Shift + Esc simultaneously to open Task Manager app.
2. Go to Process tab. Choose every process related to NVIDIA. Right click on it and press End task.
3. Go to following address to remove files in drive C.
C:Program FilesNVIDIA Corporation
C:Program Files(x86)NVIDIA Corporation
4. Restart PC
5. Install NVIDIAdriver once again as custom install.
Don’t worry if you face NVIDIA Installer Failed error in Windows 10, 8, and 7. You can just follow the solutions that we have mentioned above to resolve the issue. The last thing that you can do if those two methods fail is perform a clean installation. We hope it helps you. Drop the questions in the comment section below if you have any questions. Thank you for reading win10repair!