It is quite annoying when the CPU usage getting high without any reason. This issue can happen at anytime, after waking up or during working. The worst case that might happen during working is that we could lose our work, especially the ones that we haven’t saved. This error will reduce the performance drastically. Therefore, we will discuss the solution of this problem in this article. There are 5 ways to fix Service Host Local System (Network Restricted) High CPU Usage in Windows.
Service Host Local System High CPU Usage Error
There are several types of Service Host Local System error. Each of them has different meaning of error. Check them out below:
- Service Host Local System high disk usage, network usage, memory usage – This error is clearly shown that Service Host Local can cause high disk, network, and/or memory usage.
- Service Host Local System taking up resources – In this error, Service Host Local will take up resources that cause high CPU usage.
- Service Host Local System slow – The system will be slow down and not be responsive.
- Service Host Local System startup – Some Windows users encounter this problem that their CPU usage is high after the system starts up.
- Service Host Local System memory leak – This error causes memory leak that can affect the performance.
- Service Host Local System virus – Virus or malware can affect Service Host Local System that will cause high CPU usage.
After knowing the cause and types of Service Host Local System (Network Restricted) high CPU usage, let’s discuss the solutions to fix Service Host Local System (Network Restricted) high CPU usage. We have provided 5 ways to solve this Service Host Local System error in Windows.
How to Fix Service Host Local System High CPU Usage Error in Windows
Method 1 – Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
The method that you can try to repair this error in Windows is running Windows Update Troubleshooter. It could be that the updater causes Service Host Local System error in Windows. Follow the steps-wise to fix this error in Windows.
1. Hit Windows + l to access Settings. Go to Update & Security.
2. Go to Troubleshoot section in the left column.
3. Choose Windows Update. Press Run the troubleshooter. Let it scan your PC and find the problem.
Now you check if the Service Host Local System high CPU usage error still persists in Windows. If it does, you can proceed the next method.
Method 2 – Uninstall Malfunction Applications
Third party software could be the reason of Service Host Local System high CPU error in Windows. Some users mention one application that can cause this error: Dragon Naturally Speaking software.
For the solution, you can uninstall this application from your Windows system. But, if you need this app so much, then try to update the app to patch the bugs in.
Other apps that cause Service Host Local System high CPU usage error in Windows are MSI Command Center and Chrome VPN extension. Remove those app from your PC to resolve the error and brings your Windows back to normal.
Method 3 – End Useless Processes
There is probably a software that is running in the background that causes your PC usage so high. If so, you should end the process to overcome the Service Host Local System high CPU usage error in Windows. The steps are as follows:
1. Hit CTRL + SHIFT + Esc together to launch Task Manager.
2. Seek for the process that causes high CPU usage. Right click on it and select End Task.
3. Do similar task to other processes.
If this solution has fixed Service Host Local System high CPU usage error in Windows, you can relieve and continue working on your computer.
Method 4 – Conduct a Clean Boot Mode
Sometimes the culprit that causes Service Host Local System high CPU usage error doesn’t show up in the Task Manager. It runs in the background, but we cannot find it. If it happens, then you should conduct a Clean Boot Mode to be able to stop the applications that cause the error.
1. Hit Windows + R key together to access Run dialogue.
2. Type msconfig. Tap Enter or press OK.
3. Switch to Service tab and check for Hide all Microsoft services option. Press Disable all button.
4. Go to Startup section. Press Open Task Manager.
5. Right click the first entry on the list of all startup application. Select Disable.
6. Repeat this step for all entries in the list. Close Task Manager.
7. Press Apply and OK in the System Configuration window.
8. Restart PC
Now you are performing a clean boot mode. Check if you still see the Service Host Local System high CPU usage issue. If everything goes smoothly, it means one of the apps causes the issue. You should find the culprit by enabling the apps one by one until you find it. When you have found the app that causes the issue, you’d better remove or reinstall it.
Method 5 – Perform SFC and DISM scan
Corrupt files can also be the reason of Service Host Local System high CPU usage issue in Windows. To find out if this is the reason of the issue in your PC, you need to run SFC scan. Do the following steps:
1. Hit Windows + X key together. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) in the menu list. If Command Prompt is not available, choose PowerShell (Admin).
2. Type sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt. Hit Enter.
3. SFC will take around 10 minutes to run the progress. You must not interrupt it.
Check if the issue still occurs after the SFC scan is finished. An alternative way if you cannot perform SFC scan, you can use DISM scan instead. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. The DISM scanning can take up to 20 minutes. Please be patient.
After you perform SFC and DISM scan, the Service Host Local System high CPU usage error should have gone by now.
Even though Service Host Local System high CPU usage error in Windows is pretty annoying, you should not worry. Follow the five ways to fix Service Host Local System high CPU usage error in Windows and let us know. We hope it helps you to solve the error in Windows. Thank you for reading!