In this post, we are going to talk about “The application was unable to start correctly” error in Windows or [0xc000007b]. As it has mentioned in the message, the application cannot run. You must be wondering why such error appears and how to fix it. We will discuss it here and provide the solutions to fix the application was unable to start correctly issue [0xc000007b error] in Windows.
The application was unable to start correctly [0xc000007b Error]
The code 0xc000007b error that likely appears on your screen means Invalid Image Format. An errror message, “The application was unable to start correctly. Click OK to close the application.”, will then show up. This all happens because you try to run application or games for 64 bit Windows system in 32 bit Windows system. Thus, the 0xc000007b error arises. This error causes the application cannot run.
However, that’s not the only problem why this issue arises in Windows. There are other factors that lead to the issue, such as corrupted files, interrupted installation of updates, incomplete uninstall, Direct X, and .NET Framework. If you experience this error, keep on reading to know how to fix The application was unable to start correctly Issue – [0xc000007b Error].
How to Fix The application was unable to start correctly Issue – [0xc000007b Error]
The methods that we are going to discuss might be the solution to resolve the error in Windows. You don’t need to be an expert to do the methods below. Just read the steps-wise guide carefully and do them with care.
Method 1 – Re-install the application
The first method will require the master of the application.
1. Run the application.
2. If the error shows up, uninstall the application.
3. Install the application again.
4. Restart PC.
Run the application and check if the error still persists.
Method 2 – Update Windows or Re-install .NET Framework
.NET Framework is a framework developed by Microsoft to support applications that uses .NET technologies. When it corrupts or is failure to run, it can cause the 0xc000007b error in Windows. We can update .NET Framework in order to fix The application was unable to start correctly Issue – [0xc000007b Error]. The steps are divided into two depends on the Windows version.
Windows 8 and 8 users:
1. Visit Control Panel > System and Security option.
2. Press Windows update and hit Check for updates.
3. Windows will search for update and install it if any.
Windows 7 or older users:
1. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features option.
2. Select all items start with “Microsoft .NET”. Hit Uninstall/Change and follow the instructions on screen.
3. Download Microsoft .NET Framework from the official website in here and install it.
Method 3 – Re-install all Microsoft Visual C++ packages
Corrupted files of Microsoft Visual C++ can cause the error code 0xc000007b in Windows. In order to fix code 0xc000007b error, we can reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ packages. Follow the steps below:
1. Visit Control Panel > Program and Features option.
2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual runtime packages.
3. Restart PC.
4. Go to the official website of Microsoft to download Visual C++ runtime packages. Install it agan.
The 0xx000007b error should have gone by now. If it doesn’t you can go to the next method.
Method 4 – Perform sfc/scannow
As we have mentioned in the beginning that corrupted files can be the reason The application was unable to start correctly Issue – [0xc000007b Error] arises in Windows, here is how to fix it.
1. Click Start menu and type cmd in the search box.
2. Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
3. Type command sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt and press Enter.
4. Restart PC when it finishes.
Run the application that formerly causes the error. See if you still have the error.
Method 5 – Update DirectX
You need DirectX to run particular applications. When your DirectX is outdated, it could possibly cause 0xc000007b Error. All you need to do is update DirectX. The steps are as follows:
1. Go to official Microsoft website.
2. Download and install the latest version of DirectX.
With the latest update version of DirectX, it should have been able to get rid 0xc000007b error in Windows.
That’s all the methods to fix The application was unable to start correctly Issue – [0xc000007b Error]. This is a common error in Windows, but it’s pretty annoying. After performing all methods above, we hope you will not encounter The application was unable to start correctly Issue – [0xc000007b Error] again in the future. Thank you for reading win10repair!