Once in a lifetime, you’d probably have ever got a Windows license issue even though you are using the original Windows OS. Somehow, Windows sometimes acts strange by showing an error message “Your Windows License will Expire Soon; you need to activate Windows in PC settings.” After the error message shows up, your PC usually will start misbehaving, like reboot in every 2 hours. If you encounter this issue, you’d better read the solution to fix Fix 0xc004f074 Error – Your Windows License Will Expire Soon that we are going to discuss in this article.
Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error
This error message is pretty common in almost all Windows version, but it mostly happens in Windows 10 and Windows 8. When you navigate to Settings > Update and Security > Activation Tab, you might find an error message that says:
“Your Windows license expires on _(the date)_. Contact your system administrator to get a product key. Error code 0xc004f074”
Don’t panic when you see the error message above. Follow the steps-wise guide below to fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon error message in Windows.
How to Fix 0xc004f074 Error – Your Windows License Will Expire Soon
The methods that we are going to discuss here is to help extend the trial duration that can fix 0xc004f074 error message in Windows.
If you have ”Your Windows License will Expire Soon” error message after you bought a computer with a pre-installed licensed Windows 10, we suggest you to contact the dealer and ask help from them.
Method 1 – Use Windows Activation Troubleshooter
For the first method, you can try to use Windows Activation Troubleshooter to help you repairing “Your Windows License will Expire Soon” issue on Windows.
1. In the Search box, type Update & Security. Hit the first result.
2. Switch to Activation tab in the left menu.
3. Press the Troubleshoot button to start the Activation troubleshooter.
The tool will start to detect the error and try to fix it accordingly. You should be patient as it takes for a while. Hit the close button once it finishes. If the “Your Windows License will Expire Soon” issue persists then try the second method.
Method 2 – Remodel Group Policy
You can try this method if the error still shows up after you perform the first method above. In the group policy, there are Windows components that can allow the users to manipulate the Windows update settings as well as fix the “Your Windows License will Expire Soon” error.
1. Hit Windows + R to trigger the Run dialog box.
2. Type gpedit.msx and press Enter.
3. In the left column of the Local Group Policy Editor window, find Computer Configuration. Expand it to see Administrative Template.
4. Navigate to Windows Components >Windows Update.
5. In the right column, locate and double click No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates.
6. A new window will show up. Enable the three options in the left corner of the window.
7. Press Apply and then OK.
“Your Windows License will Expire Soon” error should have been repaired successfully now.
Method 3 – Extend the activation days using Command Prompt
The command that we are using is pretty powerful for the activation purposes. We can use it to look up the activation key, change and even delete it. Here, we are going to use it to extend the trial.
1. Hit Windows and type cmd.
2. Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
3. In the Command Prompt, type the command: slmgr –rearmslmgr
4. Restart PC.
Congratulations! Now you have extend the trial for 30 days. No more “Your Windows License will Expire Soon” or “code: 0xc004f074“ error that will show up in the future.
That’s all the three methods that you can use to fix Your Windows license will expire soon or 0xc004f074 Error in Windows. We hope it helps you. If you have got similar problem in the future and the three methods above don’t work, please let us know. Write it in the comment section below. We would find a way to fix it. Thank you for reading!