Lenovo has one great recovery feature called OneKey Recovery. But, recently we received a report that OneKey Recovery not working on Windows 10/8/7. Hence, we will learn how to fix Lenovo OneKey Recovery not working Windows 10/8/7.
The OneKey Recovery not working issue happens due to several reason:
- Changes in the partition C that leads to losing the function of the recovery partition.
- The recovery partition is removed.
- You performed a clean install.
- The recovery partition was corrupted or damaged.
Those are the situations that can lead to this error. You should fix it as soon as possible because you cannot recover your Windows system if something happens to it.
How to Fix Lenovo OneKey Recovery Not Working Windows 10/8/7
Method 1: Use Diskpart
When you try to open the OneKey Recovery, a error message saying “The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect. You may have to recreate the partition to continue” shows up on the screen. It happens because the partition’s attribute is changed automatically. Here, we will learn how to fix this from the Command Prompt.
- First, type diskpart and hit Enter.
- Then, write list disk and press Enter. You will see a list of the disks on the Lenovo computer.
- Next, type sel disk N and hit Enter: N refers to the letter of the hard drive where OneKey Recovery is installed.
- Then, input list part and press Enter.
- After that, Type sel part N and hit Enter: N means the number of WinPE partition which usually is the last one and has the biggest number.
- Type set id = 12 and press Enter. This will hide the partition.
- Finally, Type exit and tap Enter.
Restart your Lenovo computer and check if the problem still appears. This method is suggested by some Lenovo users in a Lenovo forum. So, it is worth to try.
Method 2: Make a New Backup Image to Dump in Recovery Partition
If you get an error message: “One Key Recovery partition has damaged, so do not launch the main application.” on your screen when trying to run OneKey Recovery program. This occurs because you previously resized the partition C. The solution for this error is to create a new backup image to dump in the recovery partition. Follow the instructions below:
- Hit the Novo button to boot into OKR.
- Select the OneKey Recovery option.
- On the pop up window, press CTRL+SHIFT+O to run Command Prompt.
- Check if all partitions have the right letters. Note that OKR will only work if the OS is on drive C. Then, type dir c:
- Check the drive letter that the recovery partition adopts. Just try each of the following alphabet letters until you see the volume label LENOVO_PART and a list of folders including EFI, NB, OKRBackup, or OneKey:
- dir d:
- dir e:
- dir f:
- dir g:
- Change to the lenovo_part partition. If it is the G: drive, just type g:.
- Then, type cd onekey\osimage.
- Type osimage /fb.
- The backup will start. Wait patiently. A message – “Backup Success…” will appear when it is finished. Then, type dir \okrbackup\factory.
- Exit from the Command Prompt and then restart the computer or test your recovery image.
Method 3: Use Recovery DVD
Another suggestion to fix this issue is using a recovery DVD to run a recovery operation when the OneKey Recovery not working happens.
- Buy a recovery disc and insert it into your computer.
- Turn on the computer and continuously press F12 at the Lenovo logo screen until the Boot Manager appears.
- Set to boot the computer from the bootable disc.
- Finally, follow the instructions to conduct a recovery process.
READ ALSO: Download GT Recovery for PC Windows
Hopefully the OneKey Recovery not working error on your computer is gone after you do one of the methods above. If the error persists, we suggest you to contact the Lenovo technical support to help you get rid of the problem.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!