Learn how to download and install HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 driver before you use this printer. If you don’t have the driver, the device won’t be able to run functionally on your computer. In this post, we will show you the two ways to get the HP driver. Check on the discussion below for the details.
How to Download and Install HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Driver
1. Download HP Driver Manually
The first way to download HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 driver is to get it from the website. There, you can find the driver that you are looking for and download it. We’ll show you through the steps below:
- Head to HP official support website.
- Type 8740 in the Search box and click on the result that appears.
- Choose Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Make sure that the Windows OS is similar to yours.
- Find the HP driver and click on the Download button.
- Locate the file and install it by following the instructions.
- Reboot your computer.
2. Download HP Driver Automatically
The easiest way to automatically download HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 driver is by using Driver Easy app. This is a powerful yet handy app to download and fix drivers on PC. It has Free and Pro versions. Both versions can help you find the specific driver for the HP printer without mistaking the version. However, use the Pro version if you want to update all drivers at once.
Follow the instructions below to use this app:
- Get Driver Easy from its official website.
- Open Driver Easy and hit the Scan Now button. Let the app analyze the drivers.
- Hit the Update button to download the latest drivers. To update all drivers automatically, you need to upgrade to the Pro version. It can also fix the missing drivers in your PC.
- Reboot PC.
Those were the two simple methods to download HP driver on your computer. Try to update your drivers regularly in order to avoid any issues with the compatibility.
For queries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading.