Window 10 is the most advanced system operation of Windows. It has great features that don’t exist in the previous version of Windows OS. Though it has come up with the newest OS technology, it still has errors that terrified the Windows users. One of the errors that we are going to discuss is how to fix Black Screen error in Windows 10. There are some ways that we can do to resolve this issue in Windows PC.
What cause Black Screen error in Windows 10
Some users reported that they had black screen in Windows 10 after they install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (v1709) or the Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703). Nothing can they do when they have this error. This is surely frustrating and annoying because their computer gets stuck just after performing an update which supposed to patch bugs.
This error happens due to unstable Windows OS 10. The symptom of this error is that you will have black screen with a spinning circle or a cursor every time you turn on the computer after sleep. As we have mentioned earlier, you will get this error after you update to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update/Creators Update.
Other reasons why you have black screen error in your computer is because of the hardware and software malfunction. Besides, the incorrect system configurations and programs can also lead you to have this black screen problem. Virus and malware may also become the factor that causes the error to happen.
Now, let’s talk about how to get rid of black screen error in Windows 10. We have provided some methods that can help you to fix your PC Windows 10.
How to Fix Black Screen Error in Windows 10
There are several ways that we will do in order to fix Black Screen Error in Windows 10. The methods can be done randomly. If the black screen error has resolved after you do one method, you can just stop.
Method 1 – Update Windows
The first thing you can do if you are experiencing Black Screen error is updating the Windows system. The Windows updates will patch the bugs that cause black screen error in Windows 10. In the end, it will fix the black screen issue.
1. Launch Settings and switch to Update & security.
2. Press Windows Update and choose Check for updates.
The Windows will check for the available update for the system. Download and install it if any.
Method 2 – Use Safe Mode with Networking
In this method, we are trying to fix black screen error in Windows 10 from the safe mode. Do the steps as follows:
1. Press and hold the power button to shut down. Repeat it again for 3 times or more until the Recovery screen appears.
2. Go to See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Windows Startup Settings > Restart.
3. Hit F4/F5 to enter Safe Mode (with Networking).
4. In the Safe Mode, press Windows + R key to access Run dialog box. Type msconfig and press Enter.
5. Switch to Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
6. Go to the Service tab and put a tick on Hide all Microsoft services.
7. Then, hit the Disable all button.
8. Next, go to the Startup tab and press Open Task Manager.
9. Last step, Disable the startups and reboot.
Now restart your computer and check if the black screen error has gone.
Method 3 – Revert Recent Changes
If the black screen error happens after you install certain apps, the best way it to uninstall the apps that you have just installed.
1. Boot in Safe Mode if you cannot login Windows 10.
2. Uninstall the recent installed apps and programs.
3. Also remove apps that no longer used.
4. Restart PC.
The black screen problem in Windows has gone by now.
Method 4 – Check Hardware
Hardware malfunction can be one of the reasons of Windows 10 Black Screen error. To resolve the issue because of the hardware failure, we can do the following steps;
1. Make sure the monitor plugs connect firmly. Also, check for the cable and leads. Try with different cables too.
2. Use different monitor to see if the monitor is working properly.
3. Clean the graphic card and the GPU fans.
4. Unplug the USB devices and other items and turn on the computer to see if you can login to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
5. For Laptop users: unplug and re-plug the battery.
If the black screen error in Windows 10 still occurs after you check the hardware, it means the hardware is okay. You can do the last method to solve the black screen error.
Method 5 – Uninstall UxStyle
UxStyle is a patch that lets Windows users to install third party themes in Windows. This patch can modify system files that could cause a conflict after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. If it happens after you install UxStyle, do the following steps:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager.
2. Switch to Processes tab and end all the UxStyle.
3. Hit Windows + X to access the Jump List.
4. Choose the Apps and Features.
5. Scroll down to find UxStyle.
6. Select UxStyle and hit the Uninstall button.
7. Follow the instructions on screen to uninstall UxStyle completely.
Now you have got rid of Black Screen issue in Windows 10.
That’s all the methods you can try to fix the Windows 10 Black Screen error. If you still encounter the error, we suggest you to contact the technical support. Do you have another method to fix black screen error in Windows 10? Share it in the Comment section below. We hope it helps you. Thank you for reading win10repair!