Having outdated or corrupted drivers can lead you to a big problem in Windows. One of the error that you might experience when you have outdated or corrupted drivers for your hardware is Blue Screen of Death. To be specific, you will get Driver Power State Failure issue in Windows. Therefore, we suggest you to update your drivers right after you upgrade your Windows version. But if you face the error now, you can follow the solutions in this page. Here, we are going to discuss how to fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows with code 0x0000009F.
Issue: Driver Power State Failure Error [code: 0x0000009F]
There are several types of Blue Screen of Death error and the Driver Power State Failure is one of them. When you encounter this error, you will see a blue screen on your monitor. Like the name, Driver Power State Failure happens due to the change in the power state. One of the reports said that it occurs after your computer goes into the Sleep Mode and you cannot wake it.
Read also: Solutions for Unmountable Boot Volume Error
Outdated or corrupted drivers of hardware is considered as the main cause of Driver Power State Failure or 0x0000009F error. Don’t be panic when you have this issue at the moment. Just follow the methods below to fix Driver Power State Failure issue or 0x0000009F error.
How to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10, 8, 7
In the discussion above, we have mentioned that when the drivers fail to work, the Windows system may gets errors. Therefore, the best way to fix Driver_Power_State_Failure error in Windows is by re-installing the drivers or updating the drivers to the latest version. Having more stable drivers installed on your Windows system can resolve the BSoD caused by Driver Power State Failure.
There are other methods that you can try to solve Driver_Power_State_Failure or 0x0000009F error. You can try these methods when updating the drivers doesn’t solve the problem. Follow the instructions below with care:
Method 1 – Use System Restore
If you have ever created Restore Point beforehand, you are lucky. This feature enables you to roll back to the date when the system was stable. Troubleshooting the issue with System Restore option is the easist way you can do to fix Driver Power State Failure error.
1. First, right click My Computer on your desktop. Then, hit Property.
2. Switch to System Protection tab, press on System Restore.
3. Finally, tap the Next option, select the system restore point.
Wait the progress patiently til it is completed and then restart your computer. If the error persists, try next method.
Method 2 – Uninstall the Drivers
Due to the driver causes the error, it’s best if you can try uninstalling the drivers on Windows and then install them again. Do as follows:
1. Press Windows + R keys together to trigger Run dialog box. Type devmgmt.msc in it. Hit Enter.
2. In the Device Manager screen, expand the category with a yellow exclamation mark.
3. Then, right click on it and press Uninstall.
Restart your computer and see the effect. If the error has gone, it means you have solved the issue.
Method 3 – Update Graphic Card Drivers
The next method to fix Driver Power State Failure or 0x0000009F error in Windows is by updating the graphic card drivers. Installing the latest version of graphic card drivers will be helpful for you. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Control Panel > Programs and features.
2. Then, choose the graphic card driver and Uninstall it.
3. Restart you PC.
This might solve the issue with Power State Failure in Windows.
Method 4 – Disable Sleep
One of the reasons why you experience Driver Power State Failure error is sleep mode, you can try to disable the sleep mode in your computer. This will prevent your PC from having the issue. Follow the instructions below to disable sleep mode:
1. Launch Device Manager by right clicking the Start menu and choose Device Manager.
2. Then, click the arrow to expand the Network Adapters option.
3. Right click the Wireless Adapter option and choose Properties.
4. Hit Power Management tab and uncheck the box of “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option.
5. Hit OK and restart your computer.
Your computer will keep on awake now and you will not get the same error in the future.
Method 5 – Uninstall Third-party or recent apps from Safe Mode
The last method you can try is boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the third-party software or recent installed apps that might cause conflict with the system.
1. Restart your PC and boot into Safe Mode. Visit this page for the tutorial of how to boot into Safe Mode in Windows.
2. Then, go to Control Panel > Uninstall programs.
3. After that, right click on the programs that you want to uninstall. Press Uninstall.
4. Restart your computer and boot into normal mode.
Your computer should be fine by now.
Those were the best 5 ways to fix Driver Power State Failure error in Windows 10, 8, and 7. We know that you might be annoyed with the BSoD error that you experienced. Now, you should have relieved after trying the methods. We hope it helps a lot. Contact the technical support if the error keeps appearing. Thank you for reading win10repair.