Windows provides a good software that can help you managing your email. It is MS Outlook. This software is pretty hand to work with. But, there is a common error that shows up on MS Outlook related to the data file. In this post, we are going to discuss how to fix MS Output Data File Cannot be Accessed error.
Introduction: MS Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed Error [Code: 0x8004010F]
While using MS Outlook, sometimes you get problems when trying to access the Exchange mailbox data via the OST file. The issue in MS Outlook appears due to a defective synchronization between MS Outlook and Exchange or other problem with the OST file. Furthermore, it could lead to mailbox access issue. This error is known as 0x8004010F. We are here to discuss how to fix 0x8004010F error in Windows.
We understand how frustrating it is to have 0x8004010F error in MS Outlook Windows. When you face this problem, you will not be able to access the Outlook data files. Below are the error messages that you will get when you have the 0x8004010F problem.
“Sending reported error (0x8004010F): ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed’”
“0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found”
When MS Outlook data file cannot be accessed error occurred
The Outlook issue appears in different situations. Below are the situation when the MS Outlook error shows up in Windows.
- Receive or send email in Outlook.
- Configure email account
- Synchronize Offline Outlook Data File
- Synchronize offline address book.
What cause 0x8004010F Error
The reason that cause 0x8004010F error in Windows may vary. It may be different from one to another. Though, there are some factors that can possibly cause the Outlook data file cannot be accessed and operation failed. An object could not be found issue. Please take a look at them below:
- PST files were in the wrong location or moved to other location.
- Outlook have been upgraded.
- Invalid Entry ID of stored information of folders that client download.
- Corrupted or missing OST file.
- Improper MS Outlook profile.
These were the several factor that can lead you to face 0x8004010F error in Windows. You should fix 0x8004010F issue as soon as possible so that you can use Outlook data file again. Hence, we have provided you some methods that you can do the following section.
How to Fix MS“Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed” Error in Windows
In order to fix Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed error in Windows, you can try some methods in this section. No special skill required to do the methods. You can selectively do the methods or just try each one until you find the best method work for you.
Method 1 – Find the Outlook data File
Since missing the Outlook data file is one reason that causes Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed error in Windows, you can try to locate the Outlook data file. Follow the steps to do so:
1. Press the Start menu and select Control Panel and select Mail.
2. Go to Show Profiles.
3. Choose the current Outlook profile and press Properties.
4. Give a check on Always use this profile box and hit OK.
5. Return to the Mail Setup-Outlook dialog box and press on Data Files.
6. Now, after you have the access to the account settings, go to Data Files. Memorize the name and location of the default data file of your Outlook profile.
7. Hit Close button.
You have successfully located the Outlook data files. This should have resolve the error with Outlook data files.
Method 2 – Keep Profile
You should try this method if you have many email accounts in Outlook. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Open Outlook and go to File. Switch to Account Settings or Account Information and select Account Settings.
2. Find Change Folder and press on it.
3. Press New Outlook Data File to create a new data file for temporary usage. Give it a name and click on OK.
4. Then, expand the sub folders in the current data file and choose Inbox. Hit OK and go back to Account Settings. Press Change Folder again.
5. Select the data file again and expand the sub-folders. Choose Inbox and OK.
6. Go to Data Files tab and delete the temporary PST file from your profile.
7. Exit the Account Settings and relaunch Outlook.
This will solve the “Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed” error in Windows. If you still see the error, you may try to create a new profile.
Method 3 – Create New Profile
Creating a new profile can be a good way to resolve 0x8004010F error in Windows. Follow the simple steps below:
1. Go to Control Panel and click on Mail. Then, switch to Show Profiles.
2. Press on Add to create a new profile. When the new profile is ready, you can delete the old one.
3. Now, use Auto Account Setup to add your account to the new profile you just made.
4. For POP3 users, check the Change Account Setup box after adding the account. Select Next.
5. Choose your old PST files to proceed. Close all dialogs, but Mail dialogs. If you use IMAP, you will create a new data file.
6. Erase your old profile and choose the new profile in Always use this profile option. Then, delete Mail dialog.
7. Relaunch Outlook.
Outlook should work properly by now.
Besides the methods above, we still have some ways that you can try in order to solve Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed issue in Windows. These methods are quite easy to follow:
- Disable Windows Firewall temporarily.
- Disable Anti Virus programme temporarily.
- Running SFC/ SCANNOW command in the Command Prompt to scan the disk.
Outlook is the tool provided by Windows to manage your mail. There, when you face Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed error, you can do the methods above to fix it. We hope it helps you with the problem. Do the methods work for you or you have other method to fix the Outlook error? Feel free to share them in the Comments section below. Thank you for reading win10repair, Folks!