Many users reported an issue on the photos in the SD card that don’t show up when they try to see them on a computer. The photos are showing up when they check them through the LCD on their camera. But the photos disappear when they connect it to the computer. They got puzzled and were confuse about what to do to fix this. Hence, in this post, we will discuss on how to fix SD card photos not showing on computer.
How to Fix Photos on SD Card Not Showing on Computer
Solution 1. Use Different SD Card Reader
If the photos on SD card is not showing on computer, you can try to use different card reader. Then, you can see on the computer if the photos are showing up. If it works, then you know that the problem is on your previous card reader. Just throw it away and use the new one.
Solution 2. Remove Write Protection from SD Card
Another reason why you cannot see the photos on your computer is probably it is write protected. So, let’s try to disable this feature.
- Check on the physical lock on the SD card. Make sure the lock is not enabled.
- Or, if your SD card is stuck on Read Only mode, you can change it from the Command Prompt.
- Click on Start and type CMD in the Search box.
- Right click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type diskpart and hit Enter.
- Next, type list disk and press Enter.
- Then, type select disk 2 and press Enter. (You can change 2 with the disk number that indicate your SD card.)
- Write attributes disk clear readonly and hit Enter.
- Write exit and hit Enter.
Solution 3. Update Driver
It could be that the driver is corrupted so the photos fails to show up on your computer. Here are the steps to update the driver.
- Press Windows key + R together to open Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Select Disk drives.
- Right click on the SD card and press Uninstall > OK.
- Select another drive and right click on it and choose Scan for hardware changes.
Solution 4. Enable Hidden Files
Due to some reason, the photos are probably hidden. To show them up, you must enable the hidden files on Windows. Follow the instructions:
- Hit the Start button and type control panel in the Search box.
- Go to Category tab.
- Choose Appearance and Personalization on the left pane.
- In the Folder Options, click on the Show hidden files and folders.
- Check Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Hit Apply button.
The photos on your SD card should show up on your computer now. If the methods above fail, you can scan it with the antivirus program. It could be that the virus hides the photos or other files on your card.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!