Restart to repair drive errors message appears on Windows 10. What does it mean? How to fix it? This is what we will try to discuss in this post. If you are experiencing this issue on your Windows 10 computer at the moment, you’d better stay tuned in here.
There are several things you need to understand when you see this error on your screen.
- Windows found errors on the drive.
- You should restart the PC to repair drive errors.
- Your data are not accessible until you restart PC after repairing the drive.
But when you restart your computer, it will lead you to other problems. And you will receive another error message. So, how to fix it? Check on the 3 methods below.
How to Fix Repair Drive Errors on Windows 10
Solution 1: Run Automatic Repair or Startup Repair
If you have the Windows bootable DVD with you, you can run Automatic Repair or Startup Repair to fix Restart to repair drive errors on Windows 10. This tool is quite powerful to fix problems in Windows. Check on the complete guide below:
- Insert Windows bootable installation DVD and reboot from it.
- Select the preferred language and click Next button.
- Choose Repair your computer option in the context menu.
- Click on Troubleshoot in the Choose an option section.
- Choose Advanced options.
- Automatic Repair (Fix problems that keep Windows from loading) option (you can also select Startup Repair).
- The Automatic Repair or Startup Repair will work immediately. It will take some time.
- Reboot PC once the process is finished.
Solution 2: Use Check Disk
- Type cmd in the Search box to run Command Prompt window and choose Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to go on.
- Type chkdsk *: /f in the command prompt and press Enter.
- The process will start. Please be patient while waiting for it to be completed.
- When there is any problems found, the command will fix them automatically after the scanning finishes.
Note: the CHKDSK command could delete your data while cleaning up disk-related errors on your PC. Thus, backing up your data before performing this method is necessary.
Solution 3: Perform SFC – System File Checker Tool
The third method you can try to fix restart to repair drive errors on Windows is run SFC or System File Checker tool. This method is quite similar to the previous one. You will need the Command Prompt to run this tool.
- Repeat step 1 to step 3 mentioned in method two.
- Insert sfc /scannow into the command prompt panel and then press Enter key.
- Reboot the computer when the process finishes.
READ ALSO: 5 Best Driver Updater for Windows in 2019
Hopefully the methods above can help you fix restart to repair drive errors on Windows. Once your computer goes back to the normal state, we suggest you to back up the important files on your PC. We never know when this problem will occur again in the future.
If you have different methods to fix these drive errors, we would love to hear it. Then we will add it in this post to help the readers solve this problem. Thank you for reading, Folks!