Windows 10 is the most advanced Operating System (OS) of Windows series. It brings new great features a long with the new system. However, it is not a perfect OS. There are errors that happen in Windows. In this post, we are going to discuss how to fix Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt error in Windows. It is one of the errors that commonly happen in Windows.
What cause Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Error
In this part, we are going to discuss the factors that could cause Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt error in Windows. Sadly, one of the reasons that cause this issue in Windows is the update itself. By default, Windows will set the system to update automatically. When Windows is downloading the updates, it might probably fail to install the update due to some reason. By then, the error occurs. The incomplete process of installing the update in Windows cause Service Registration is missing or corrupt error. Therefore, if you experience this error in Windows, you should follow the steps-wise guide below to repair your Windows system.
How to Fix this Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt in Windows
There are some methods that you can try to repair this error on your computer PC. You don’t need to do the method in order. Just pick the easiest methods that you can do before you try the most advanced methods. We suggest you to follow them carefully.
Method 1 – Use Command Prompt to Scan Files
Corrupted files can be the factor “Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt” error in Windows. To solve this problem, you can scan the files using the Command Prompt.
1. Press Windows + X key and select Command Prompt (as Admin).
2. Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
Wait the scan progress patiently. It will take for a while to run. You will get the report when there are corrupted files detected and repaired. Your computer must have been repaired by now. You should have fix service registration is missing or corrupt error in Windows.
Method 2 – Disable Antivirus
Third party app like an antivirus app can be another factor that causes service registration is missing or corrupt error happens. Disabling the antivirus program can be a one of the solutions.
1. Turn off your anti virus app temporarily.
2. See if the error has resolved.
If you still see the error, you can enable the anti virus because it might be something else that causes the error.
Method 3 – Edit Registry
We suggest you to read the following steps carefully before you proceed. It is because changing Registry value can affect to the whole system.
1. Hit Windows + R key together to launch Run dialog box.
2. Type Regedit in it and press Enter.
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsSelfHostApplicability in the left pane.
4. In the right side, find the ThresholdOptedIn value and delete it.
Well done. You have successfully resolved the problem in Windows. The service registration is missing or corrupt issue should not appear again in the future.
Method 4 – Start Windows Update Related Services
The following method is to make sure that the Windows Update Related Services are running fine.
1. Hit Windows + R key together to access Run dialog box.
2. In the Run dialog box, type services.msc and press OK.
3. Click on Windows Update service twice to open Windows Update Properties window.
4. Select Startup Type. Change it to Automatic and hit Apply.
5. If the Service status is stopped, press Start to run the service and click OK.
6. Stop the service status if it’s running. Then, press Start to restart the service. Press OK.
7. Do the above steps again to start or restart Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
8. Once again, repeat the steps above to restart Cryptographic Service.
9. Download and install the Windows Update again.
You have fixed service registration is missing or corrupt error in Windows. If you the error persists, you can do the following method.
Method 5 – Repair Windows 10
Repair the Windows 10 update to fix service registration is missing or corrupt error. How to do it? Do as follows:
1. Prepare Windows 10 ISO on your system. You can download it on the official Microsoft website.
2. Open and mount the file by double clicking on it.
3. Open the ISO file after mounting it.
4. Click on setup.exe to run it.
5. Follow the instructions on screen to upgrade or repair Windows OS.
6. Restart PC.
That’s it. You can relieve now since you have fixed Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt error in Windows 10.
Those are the best ways to solve the Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt error in Windows 10. You can sit back and relax after following the steps above because the error has gone. If you have methods that haven’t stated on the post above, please share it on the Comment box. We hope it helps you fix Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt error in Windows 10. Thank you for reading Win10Repair.