Wacom tablet is pretty popular among graphic designers. This tablet allows you to draw on computer faster rather than using a mouse. This Wacom tablet is compatible with Windows. However, there is an error that commonly happens to Wacom tablet on Windows. It is Wacom tablet driver not found error. Hence, in this article, we will discuss how to fix the Walcom driver not found error in Windows.
What is Wacom Tablet Driver Not Found Error
We have a report of an error message said “The tablet driver was not found” when they wanted to use Walcom tablet. This issue happens because something happens with the Wacom driver. It might be because the driver is not compatible because you have upgrade the Windows version or the driver is corrupt. Another reason that causes this Wacom driver problem in Window is there might be an issue with the configuration of the tablet.
If you experience this Wacom tablet driver not found error in Windows, you can do the methods in this article to fix it.
How to Fix Wacom Tablet Driver not Found Error in Windows
There are some methods that you can do to fix Wacom tablet driver not found error in Windows.
Method 1 – Try another USB port
The most easiest thing you can do is trying to plug in different USB port in your PC or laptop. There might be a possibility that the USB port is broken. If your tablet is working perfectly after you try different USB port, then it is positive that one of the USB ports is broken. You can contact the technical support to fix it later on.
However, if the Wacom driver error still persists after you try different USB port, you can do the next method to fix it.
Method 2 – Re-install Wacom tablet drivers
Another method that you can do to resolve this problem is by uninstalling the Wacom tablet and install it again. It might be that the Wacom tablet driver is corrupt or outdated. Therefore, updating the driver could be a good try.
1. Press Windows + R key to open Run dialog box.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit OK.
3. Select Human Interface Devices and click the little arrow to expand the menu.
4. Choose Wacom tablet and right click on it. Press Update driver.
Now the system will check if there is any update for the Wacom driver. If an update is available, just install it. But if it is the latest version and the error still occurs, then you can do reinstall driver. Do as follows:
1. Launch Run dialog box again by pressing Windows + R key.
2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit OK.
3. In the popup window, locate the application related to Wacom.
4. Right click on it and choose Uninstall option. Do similar thing to other applications related to Wacom.
5. Now, hit Windows + S key to access the Search Panel.
6. Find cmd or Command Prompt and right click on it. Choose Run as administrator.
7. Type the command: mklink /j “D:Program FilesTablet” “C:Program FilesTablet”
8. Press Enter.
9. Now go to the Wacom official website to download the latest drivers that are compatible with your PC or laptop.
10. Then, launch Run dialog box again and type devmgmt.msc and hit OK.
11. Next, find Wacom tablet and right click on it. Press Update Driver.
12. Now, you can install the Wacom drivers that you have downloaded earlier.
13. Unplug the Wacom tablet and restart PC.
14. Plug Wacom tablet on your PC or laptop.
15. Again, open Run dialog box and type services.msc and press OK.
16. Locate Wacom Professional Service and right click on it. Choose Restart.
The problem with Wacom driver should have gone by now.
That’s it. The methods above are the best way to fix Wacom tablet driver not found error in Windows. This error is pretty common and can happen any time without prior notification. So, you don’t need to worry about it. Just follow the methods in this article and your Wacom tablet driver error will be solved. We hope it helps you. Thank you for reading win10repair!