This time, we are going to discuss about an rare error that happens in Windows Operating System. Not many Windows users have ever experienced this issue. This issue comes up with code 0x80070002-0x20009 that appears together with an error message. We definitely know how frustrating it is to have this issue on your Windows system. Therefore, in this article, we provide some solution to fix Windows Installation Failed error (0x80070002-0x20009).
What is Windows Installation Failed (0x80070002-0x20009) error?
Windows Installation Failed error with code 0x80070002-0x20009 is a quite uncommon error. Only a few Windows users that have ever experienced this issue. It happens when you try to update your Windows to the newest version, but the process failed. Some messages will appear on your screen when you have this problem, “Update failed” and “Reboot your system”. Those texts will keep on showing on your screen. This is quite annoying. The code 0x80070002-0x20009 will also appear along with the messages.
What causes Windows Installation Failed (0x80070002-0x20009) error?
Corrupted and missing System files is the main reason of Windows installation failed error with code 0x80070002-0x20009. The corrupted or missing of System files cause a conflict in the system. It happens due to incomplete installation of a package or incomplete uninstall of a software. Virus or malware can also cause this error to occur. You don’t need to worry, though, as we have provided the solution to fix the 0x80070002-0x20009 error in Windows.
How to Fix Windows Installation Failed Error (“0x80070002-0x20009”)
We come up with three methods to fix Windows Installation Failed error after conducting some researches and tests. The methods will get rid the 0x80070002-0x20009 error that you have at the moment. Read the whole steps thoroughly and follow the instructions carefully. No special requirements or skill for it. By the end of the methods, we believe the error has been resolved.
Method 1 – Use System Restore
If you have ever set the Restore Point on your computer, then, restoring the system can be a most handy solution to fix Windows installation failed error (0x80070002-0x20009). System Restore in Windows allows you to go back to a point where the system was still fine. To do this, you can follow the instructions below:
1. Firstly, press the Start menu and go to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
2. Secondly, select System Restore.
3. Thirdly, select Restore my computer to an earlier time and press Next.
4. Next, choose the system restore point from the List of Restore points and press Next. We suggest you to choose the last time your computer working well.
5. After that, a confirmation dialog box will appear. Hit Yes.
6. Restart PC when the progress is completed.
This will fix the Windows Installation problem easily. If you haven’t created a restore point beforehand, then we suggest you to do the next method.
Method 2 – Repair System Files
Corrupted or missing files can be a reason why you have Windows Installation failed error or 0x80070002-0x20009 error. To fix this problem, we can use the Command Prompt.
1. Right click the Start menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type sfc/scannow and press Enter in the Command Prompt. Wait for the process to complete.
3. If the System File Checker (SFC) finds any problems, you have to be in the Safe Mode in order to repair the problems. Visit this page to boot into Safe Mode.
4. In the Safe Mode, do steps 1 and 2 to run scanning in the Command Prompt again.
5. Wait the progress until it is completed. Restart PC and check for the error. If the problem persists, do the remaining steps.
6. Launch Command Prompt (Admin) again.
7. Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
8. Wait until the process finishes. Then, restart PC.
The problem should have been removed now.
Method 3 – Disable Non-Microsoft Services
This is the ultimate method to fix Windows installation failed error or 0x80070002 – 0x20009 error. Follow the steps-wise guides below:
1. Press Windows + R keys together to trigger RUN dialog box.
2. Type msconfig in it and press Enter.
3. In the System Configuration window, go to Services tab and put a tick mark in Hide all Microsoft services box.
4. Then, select Disable all option to disable all non-Microsoft services.
5. After that, press Apply and OK.
6. Now, you can update Windows system.
The updating Windows system will take about three hours to complete. After this, you will not see the Windows installation failed error.
That’s all the methods to fix Windows installation failed error or 0x80070002 – 0x20009. We hope the problem can be resolved after you perform the methods. If you still encounter the error, we suggest you to visit the Microsoft thread for further help. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the Comment section below. Thank you for reading win10repair.