Windows users must have heard about Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) as one of the stressful errors can happen in Windows. There are types of error that can cause BSoD in your Windows computer. Previously, we have discussed the two things that cause BSoD: Critical Process Died and Driver IRQL Less or not Equal errors. Now, in this article, we will discuss how to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows 10.
Introduction: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE is another error that can cause Blue Screen of Death in Windows Operating System. This error will come up with code 0x0000007b. This error shows that Windows OS cannot access the system during booting. When this issue happens, your screen will turn into blue and you cannot get into desktop. An error message will appear on your screen:
” Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some user info, and then you can restart. (0% complete) ”
Reasons: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Error in Windows
The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows can be triggered by two main factors: software and hardware. For the software, it can be due to the corrupted system files, outdated drivers, virus/malware, interrupted operating system, etc. Meanwhile, for the hardware, it can be caused by the hardware failure: dirty socket, nonworking wire or ports, etc.
You have knows about the error and the things that cause it to happen. In the section below, we are going to discuss how to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows 10/8/7.
Four Methods to Fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Error in Windows [code: 0x0000007b]
As we have mentioned earlier that there are several reasons that cause INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows, that’s why we provide some methods to fix the issue. No special skill or requirements to do the following methods. Just do the steps-wise tutorial carefully.
Method 1 – Uninstalled Recent Software in Safe Mode
In some cases, the recent software that you have just installed caused a conflict with the Operating System. Uninstalling the recent application can be a good solution to resolve the issue. However, it should be done in the Safe Mode. Follow the steps below to do it:
1. Firstly, boot Windows into Safe Mode. Visit the tutorial in this page to boot into Safe Mode.
2. Secondly, go to Control Panel > Uninstall programs. Find the applications that you want to uninstall. Right click on it and click Uninstall.
3. Finally, boot into normal mode.
This may have solved the issue in Windows.
Method 2 – Scan for Virus/Malware
Virus/malware can cause Blue Screen of Death in Windows. If you think that the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in your computer is positively caused by virus/malware, you can just do full scan on your PC.
1. Install a trusted antivirus on your PC like Avast, McAfee, 360 Total Security, etc., if you don’t have any. In the other hand, update the antivirus if you have one installed already.
2. Launch the antivirus on your computer and click Full Scan to scan the PC thoroughly.
3. Wait patiently as it might take for a while. Repair the bugs if you see some reports.
4. Restart PC.
Check if the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error still appears on your PC.
Method 3 – Update Drivers
Outdated or corrupted drivers might be the cause of INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows. In this case, updating the device drivers can be a good option to resolve the problem. There are two ways to update the drivers: manual and using third party software. We will show you the both ways:
1. Firstly, right click on My Computer and select Manage > Device Manager.
2. In the Device Manager, find the device marked with a yellow triangle. It means that it has driver problem.
3. Right click on it and select Update Driver Software option.
4. The system will find the driver through the internet. Install it if there is an update.
You can also update driver automatically by using a third party application, like DriverEasy or Driver Talent. Just download and install the application. Then, run the application to update the drivers automatically.
That’s it. You have successfully updated the device drivers and fixed the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE issue in Windows.
Method 4 – Check Hardware
Another reason why you have INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error is because of the hardware fault. You can do scan hardware to figure out if there is a problem with the hardware. Follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X keys together to open the Power user menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /r C: and hit Enter.
3. Then, the system will ask to restart PC. Type Y in the confirmation window and press Enter.
4. Wait for the process to finish completely and then restart your computer.
You can also check the cables and the port in the computer. Simply unplug and plug the cable and clean the port will be useful.
Also try to clean the RAM sockets by using dry brush. Sometimes, the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error happens due to dirty socket of memory or hard disk.
That’s all. The methods above were the four best way to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error in Windows 10, 8, and 7. We know how stressful it is to encounter BSoD error in Windows. We hope the methods above help you to get rid of the issue in your computer. If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to write it in the Comment section. Thank you for reading win10repair.