Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error is probably the most stressful error that Windows users have. There are several types of BSoD error in Windows. In this post, we are going to discuss about one type of BSoD errors: Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error. We will also discuss the solutions to fix the page fault error [STOP: 0X00000050].
Introduction: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Error [STOP: 0X00000050]
The Non-Paged area is a part of memory that contains data which is critical for the system. Since this data is needed, the system stored the data in RAM constantly, in the non-paged area. When Windows system cannot access the critical data, the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area error will appear. This error can appear on a laptop with Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP. While having this error, you may see error code STOP: 0X00000050, STOP: 0x50, etc. Furthermore, it can also appear with different name like ntfs.sys or ntoskrnl.exe.
When this problem appears, the system restore my stop working, crashed system, losing data, failing hardware, etc.
What Cause Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error in Windows
The reasons why you face Page Fault in Nonpaged Area error in Windows may vary. In order to be able to fix the error, you should know about it. So, you can prevent the problem to happen again in the future. We will tell you the factors that can cause the Page Fault issue. They are:
- Missing or corrupted drivers, especially the Graphic card drivers.
- Hard drive malfunction or bad sector.
- RAM failure.
- Incorrectly configured Page memory in the Properties of the system.
- Anti virus software.
Those are the most common factors that cause you Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error [STOP: 0X00000050] in Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP. To solve the issue, you can follow the steps-wise guides in the section below.
How to Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area [STOP: 0X00000050]
There are several ways to fix page fault in nonpaged area in Windows that we are going to discuss in this section. You can do the methods selectively or try them based on the order. We do suggest you to follow the instructions with care.
Method 1 – Repair Driver
Missing or corrupted driver could be a reason why you face page fault in nonpaged area error in Windows. To fix this, you must simply repair or update your drivers in Windows. Follow the steps to do so:
1. Hit Windows + R key to trigger Run dialog box. Write devmgmt.msc in it and hit Enter.
2. In the Device Manager window, right click on the drivers that you want to update and click Properties.
3. Go to the Driver tab and switch to Roll Back Driver option and hit OK.
4. If you don’t have that feature, you can press Uninstall option.
5. Reboot PC and install the drivers again.
You can repair or update the drivers using third-party software. Visit driver updater software article to check the app. The app will help you to keep your driver up-to-date. It also has features to restore and back up drivers.
After you repair or update your drivers, the problem should have gone by now.
Method 2 – Adjust Paging File Manager
The following method is perfect if you find that the hardware and drivers are fine, yet you still have Page Fault in Nonpaged Area problem.
1. Launch Control Panel by typing control in either Run or Search box and press System.
2. Press on the Advanced system settings on the left side. Then, go to Advanced tab and choose Settings.
3. Go to Advanced tab and hit Change… button under the Virtual memory option.
4. Uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box. Then, choose No paging file option and hit Set.
5. Press OK continuously until you close all the screen dialog boxes and reboot your PC.
6. Repeat step 1 to step 3 again. Now, check Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box and choose System Managed Size option.
7. Press Set and complete the process.
Now, you should have resolved the page fault issue in your PC.
Method 3 – Check Disk and Memory
Corrupted RAM or malfunction NTFS volume could be the culprit behind the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area issue in Windows 10, 8, 7. To resolve this, you can do disk and memory checking. Follow the instructions below to do so:
1. Press Windows + S keys together to open Search box and type cmd in it.
2. Right-click the Command Prompt and press on Run as administrator.
3. In the Command Prompt window, write chkdsk /f /r and hit Enter.
4. Then, press Y key on the keyboard and wait for the process.
5. Hit Windows + R key simultaneously to access Run dialog box. Type mdsched.exe in it and tap Enter to launch Windows Memory Diagnostic window.
6. Choose on Restart now and check for problems (recommended) options. Your computer will reboot.
7. The process will take around 15 minutes. Please be patient.
This will fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error in Windows.
Method 4 – Restore Windows System
This is the ultimate method that you can do to solve Page Fault in Nonpaged Area in Windows. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Restart your PC. Press and hold F8 key (or F2 if F8 doesn’t work) while you see some white text starts coming on the black screen. Keep on pressing until you see Windows Advance Options Menu.
Note: You should enable F8 key in the first place in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
2. Choose Last Knows Good Configuration one and hit Enter key. Your computer will reboot and you will not see the error temporarily.
3. Restart your PC again and this time press and hold the F12 key ( or F10 if F12 doesn’t work) when you see the white text coming on black screen.
4. Find and choose Disable Memory cache. Save the changes and exit.
5. Reboot your computer.
6. Then, press Windows + R together to access Run dialog box. Type chkdsk /f /r C: in it and hit Enter.
7. Wait for the process till it is completed.
You have fixed the issue on Windows now. Congrats!
Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
Below are other methods that you can do in order to fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area in Windows 10.
Uninstall Anti Virus
Anti virus programme could cause a conflict in your system which leads to page fault in nonpaged area error in Windows 10. If you face it, then disabling or uninstalling anti virus program might be the best solution for it. Or, you can change your anti virus software. However, it is risky to let your computer run without anti virus program.
Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 7
In Windows 7, we have a report that the RAM is the culprit of the page fault issue. In order you resolve this, you can open your CPU and unplug the RAM. Gently clean your RAM and plug it again properly. Restart your computer and check if the STOP: 0X00000050 error persists.
Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 8 / XP
Follow the instructions on the image below.
Another method that you can do is restoring your PC to default with Recovery Partition or Recovery Manager in Windows. To access this, press the Restart button and choose All programs. Click Recovery Manager to open it. Then, follow the process to recover the system.
Note: We do suggest you to back up your computer before proceeding. The process will uninstall all the programs and clear the content in your PC.
That’s all about the solutions to fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area error [STOP: 0X00000050] in Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP. We know that it is stressful to have Blue Screen of Death in Windows. Thus, we hope it can help you with the problem. For queries and suggestions, feel free to drop them in the Comments section below. Thank you for reading win10repair, Folks!