Are you experiencing search not working issue on Windows? It could be that the Cortana stops working. This is pretty annoying because you cannot search files in your computer when you are having search not working issue. Hence, we will show you 3 solutions to fix Windows search not working issue on Windows 10.
How to Fix Windows Search Not Working Issue on Windows 10
The first and simplest way you can do to fix the search not working issue is restart your computer. But if the error persists after you restart the computer, you can try the solutions below.
Solution 1. Stop Cortana Process
- Open Task Manager by doing right-click the taskbar at the bottom of your computer desktop. Or simply press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the Task Manager window.
- Find Cortana and right-click on it. Select End task to disable the Cortana process.
- Restart your PC and check if the issue remains.
Solution 2. Restart the Search Service
Another method you can do is restart the search service. You can do this in the service feature. This is quite easy to do. Just follow the instructions below.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R keys together.
- Type services.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- Find Windows Search in the Service window. Right click on it and select Restart.
- Reboot your computer to take effect.
Now, Search feature in Windows 10 should be able to work normally again.
Solution 3. Rebuild Index
The third method you can try to solve Search not working in Windows is by rebuilding the index. To do this, you can follow the steps in here:
- Hit the Windows + R keys together to open Run dialog.
- Input Control Panel in the box and click OK.
- Select Indexing Options to continue.
- Press the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
- Click on the Rebuild button under Troubleshooting.
- Press OK. This process will take a quite some time. Please be patient.
Hopefully the Search feature can work normally again after you conduct the 3 solutions above. If you are feeling confuse or have some doubts related to the instructions above, feel free to contact us. We will try our best to giving you the best response.
Thank you for reading. Have a day, Folks!