Micro SD Card not formatted error is an annoying issue that you can get when dealing with the micro SD. Basically, a micro SD is a solid storage that has pretty good durability. But, an error can happen to anyone, right? If you are facing a Micro SD Card not formatted error at the moment, please stay calm. There are three solutions that we will provide in this post.
You must be wondering why the Micro SD Card not formatted error can happen. There are several reasons to answer your questions:
- Virus infection.
- Bad sector on the micro SD.
- The memory card is write-protected.
- The memory card got a physical damage.
Now, let’s check on the method to fix micro SD card not formatted error.
How To Fix Micro SD Card Not Formatted Error
Solution 1: Format in Android Devices
For the first method, we will try to format the micro SD directly in the Android devices. It is quite simple and easy to do. Here are the instructions:
- Insert the micro SD card to the Android device.
- Select Settings icon.
- Choose Storage under the Settings list.
- Go to the SD card in Storage.
- Tap on the Format SD card/Erase SD card button and then tap on it.
Solution 2: Format in Windows computer
If the method above fails, you can try to format it in the computer with Windows based. To do this, you’d probably need the card reader. Follow the steps to do so:
- Insert the micro SD to the card reader and plug it in the computer.
- Press the Start button and hit the Computer. Right click on it.
- Select Manage >> Disk Management under Storage.
- Choose the SD card on the right panel.
- Right click the micro SD and select Format… option.
- Set the Volume label, File system and, Allocation unit size.
- Press the OK button in the pop-up window.
Solution 3: Format in DiskPart
There is another method to format the Micro SD in your computer, it is using the diskpart command in the Command Prompt. Follow the instructions below:
- Open Run window by pressing Windows + R keys together.
- Input cmd into the Run box.
- Press the OK button or Enter on the keyboard.
- Type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
- list disk
- select disk * (* represents the order position of your memory card in the disk list)
- clean (this will ruin all the data saved on the memory card)
- create partition primary
- select partition
- format fs=* (* should be the file system that you want your card to be formatted with)
- The progress will start. Please be patient.
Those were the three methods you can do to fix Micro SD Card Not Formatted error. Hopefully you can get rid of the issue and use the micro SD again. If after you perform those methods and the error persists, you can try to format the micro SD using a third-party software like MiniTool Partition Wizard. You can get it from the official website.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!