In deze post, we will learn how to recover desktop files on Windows. It is a common problem that happen to Windows users as they like to put files on the desktop and erase them accidentally. If you are one of the users that are wondering if you can get the files back, you’d better read the instructions down below.
For many users, Desktop is the most used place to safe files temporary. It is because the Desktop is the easiest and fastest place to reach when it comes to paste files you have just copied from folder or flash drive. The problem is that we sometimes forget to organize the files in the desktop. Dan, we delete the files on the desktop by mistake as we thought they all are no longer useful. Of, you’d probably just upgrade your Windows version and found the desktop is clean.
Let’s learn to get the files back by following the 4 easy ways to recover desktop files on Windows.
4 Gebruik SyncToy op Windows
Methode 1. Show Desktop Icons
If your desktop is clean from shortcut icons and files, it could be that the desktop icons is hidden. It might be that they are still on the desktop path, but you just can see them. Here is the way to show the desktop icons:
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Klik op Uitzicht en Show desktop icons.
- The icons will appear again on the screen.
Methode 2. Show Hidden Files
- Ga naar Folder Options (ramen 7) of File Explorer Options (ramen 10).
- kiezen Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Unchecked Hide protected operating systems.
- druk op Van toepassing zijn knop.
Oplossing 3. Search in the Hard Disk
- Open the File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
- In the Search bar, type the name of the files that you are looking for.
- Windows system will start searching and you’ll see the result. This may take times. Wees alstublieft geduldig.
Oplossing 4. Check Windows.old Folder
If the desktop files are gone after you upgrade to Windows 10, you should check Windows.old Folder. This is the folder that Windows uses to save the files from the previous OS.
- Open the File Explorer in Windows 10.
- Select Drive C and open Windows.old map.
Hopelijk de 4 easy ways above can help you recover desktop files. If you still cannot find the files, it could mean that the files are deleted. To recover deleted files, you can use a utility such as Het is ook mogelijk om je Prullenbak te repareren door hem opnieuw te installeren. This is a powerful tool you can use to bring back your documents or files that have deleted.
If you have some methods we haven’t mentioned in here, you can add it in the comment box, or Contact us. Bedankt voor het lezen, Folk