If you have been a Windows user for quite some time, you must at least heard of Windows Movie Maker. This video editing software is a free application provided by Microsoft on Windows. Even though it is a free software, it has all the basic feature for editing videos, such as add effect, trim, split, transition, muziek-, enz.
In deze post, we will show you the complete guide on how to use Windows Movie Maker. Blijf kijken!
Easy Guide to Use Windows Movie Maker
Stap 1. Get Windows Movie Maker
As you know that Microsoft has no longer included Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10. Maar, it doesn’t mean that this best free video editing app is gone. You can still download this wonderful app for free from hier.
Once you download Windows Movie Maker, install this free video editing software on your Windows PC right away to start creating your video. Read on the next steps to know how to use Windows Movie Maker.
CHECK THIS: Download Final Cut Pro voor PC Windows 10/8/7
Stap 2. Import Photos and Videos to Windows Movie Maker
The next step you should do is import photos and videos that you want to make into a video to Windows Movie Maker. De stappen zijn als volgt:
- Lancering Windows film bewerker.
- Klik Huis tab and select Add videos and photos in de Toevoegen groep.
- Browse your photos and videos. Select them and click Open. You can also use the Ctrl button to select multiple files.
- Adjust the duration of each photo and trim the video as you want. The default is 7 seconden.
- Dan, Klik Add music in de Huis tab.
- Browse the music you want and press Open.
- You can also use your own recording if you want to add a narration to your video. Klik Record narration knop onder de Toevoegen groep. Druk op de Record button and start speaking.
Stap 3. Editing Photos and Videos in Windows Movie Maker
There are three things you need to know when you are editing the photos and videos in Windows Movie Maker:
1. Moving Files
Just drag the files to rearrange the order in the project.
Remove the unwanted part on the video by using the Trim tool. How to use it? we zullen proberen het versleutelde bestandssysteem in te schakelen met behulp van het Windows-register:
- Choose the point where you wish a clip to begin.
- Tap on the Video Tools Edit tab and then click Set start point.
- Go to the clip where you wish a clip to end and then click Set end point.
You can also split files in Windows Movie Maker to cut a clip into smaller sections without losing any frames.
- In de Storyboard Pane, select the video point you want to split (or drag the Vertical line to the desired place).
- druk de Bewerk tag under Video Tools and hit on the Split knop.
- Dus, you will have 2 small clips.
LEES OOK: 2 Hoe Ps3 Laptop Win te verbinden
Stap 4. Add Visual Effects and Transitions in Windows Movie Maker
1. Adding Transitions between Clips
Adding transitions between clips will make your video looks better. Movie Maker offers various types of transition styles like Diagonals, Dissolves, Patterns and Shapes, Reveals, Shatters, enz. Learn how to use them on the instructions below:
- Browse and choose the clip to which you wish to add a transition. Daarna, you will find a blurred highlighted square..
- druk de Animations tab on the ribbon toolbar to bring up the dozens of transition choices.
- Select the desired transition effect. You can hover your mouse over it to see what it looks like in the Voorbeeld window before selecting.
- Adjust the duration of the transition from a quarter of a second to two seconds.
2. Adding Pan and Zoom Effects
Pan and Zoom effects (also known famously as the Ken Burns effect) mean viewing a static image as if it is a motion picture. The panning and zooming of the picture brings the illusion of motion.
Here are the steps to use this feature:
- Choose a photo.
- Druk op de Animations tab, then click the More button on the Pan and Zoom gallery.
- Select the effect. If you are not sure, you can choose the Automatic effect and Movie Maker will pick one at random. If you want the same effect applied to all your photos, you can click the Apply to all knop in de Pan and Zoom ribbon area.
- Tenslotte, you will see a small icon in the upper left corner of the photo in the storyboard frame.
3. Adding Visual Effects
It also offers a lot of visual effects to give you a deep set of visual flair.
- Select the clip you want to add visual effects to.
- Klik op de Visual Effects tab on the ribbon toolbar.
- Hover your mouse over a specific effect to preview it and select it.
Stap 5. Add Texts to Clips
Add titles, captions, and credits to your video to make it more authentic. Read on the following instructions on how to add text to clips:
- Choose the clip you want to add a caption to.
- druk de Huis tab and select Caption.
- Windows Movie Maker will insert a text box over the top of the selected clip.
- Insert the caption text.
- Select fonts and styles under the Text Tools Format tab.
- Apply a text effect to those words.
Stap 6. Export and Share Video
Windows Movie Maker allows you to export the video in various formats depending on your need. You can then burn it in a DVD or share it with your friends and families via Facebook, YouTube, tjilpen, and Instagram.
To save movie maker project to MP4 you can press the Opslaan movie knop in de Huis tab, then write a name for your movie, en klik op de Opslaan knop.
LEES OOK: 2 Hoe Ps3 Laptop Win te verbinden
Those were the easy and complete guide of how to use Windows Movie Maker. This free tool is quite powerful to make a short clip. Though the features are just the basic, but it is all you need to create a simple video. Do you think this guide help you to understand more about Movie Maker video editing software?
We would love to hear your feedback.