Recycle Bin corrupted in Windows 10? Let’s fix it! – So you accidentally deleted files in the Recycle Bin and failed when trying to recover it back? Stay calm and try the methods that we will discuss in this post to help you get the files back.
For every dumped file in Windows, it will go to the Recycle Bin for a temporary moment before you decide to delete the files permanently. Thought it says permanently, there are possibility to recover the data that have been deleted from the Recycle Bin.
However, many Windows users got a report when they are trying to recover the data. They will likely see this error message “The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?“. Hence, we will show you how to fix Recycle Bin corrupted error in Windows 10.
Recycle Bin Corrupted in Windows 10? Let’s Fix it!
Warning: If you are encountering Recycle Bin corrupted issue in Windows 10/8/7, please stop performing any operation on your computer. Otherwise, the chance of data recovery is slim.
Method 1 – Reset Recycle Bin Using Command Prompt
Actually, each partition on Windows has a hidden and protected system folder – $RECYCLE.BIN.
- In Windows 7, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories to choose run cmd as administrator from the right-click menu. In Windows 10/8, right-click Start and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type “rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin” and press Enter. This can reset the $RECYCLE.BIN folder on the C drive.
- Restart your PC to see the effect.
Method 2 – Use the System File Checker Utility
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter to fix “Recycle Bin is corrupted access denied”.
Method 3 – Reinstall Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7
It is also possible to fix your Recycle Bin by reinstalling it. To do this, right-click on Desktop to choose Personalize.
- In Windows 8/7, click Change desktop icons.
- In Windows 10, click Themes > Desktop icon settings.
Finally, check Recycle Bin and click Apply button.
We hope you the methods above can help you to fix the corrupted Recycle Bin in your computer. Once you have fixed Recycle Bin, you can perform the recovering data. There are many tools that you can to recover data. One of them is MiniTool Power Data Recovery. Get it and try the app yourself.
However, if you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!