“Could not find the recovery environment” error message appears when you are trying to reset or refresh your PC? Don’t panic. In this post, we have two methods that you can try to solve this issue.
There are many reasons why you get this issue why you have this issue on your computer. Some of them are because the Windows Recovery Environment is disabled, the Windows 10 installation disk is broken or you just don’t have the Windows installation or recovery media.
How to Fix Could Not Find the Recovery Environment Issue on Windows
Solution 1. Use Windows Installation or Recovery Media
The first thing you can do to fix could not find the recovery environment issue is to use the Windows installation or recovery media to reset the computer. This method can be used if you cannot hit the Reset this PC button in Windows settings to reset PC.
After you insert the Windows installation recovery media, you can boot the computer from the recovery drive. From here, reset the PC and check if it can work successfully.
What if you don’t have the Windows installation recovery media? Then, you have to create one. Check out the instructions below how to do so:
- Download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft official website. Open the tool.
- Select Create Installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and hit Next.
- It will set the language, edition, architecture automatically for you.
- Uncheck the option Use the recommended option for this PC and hit Next.
- Choose the media you want to use and press Next. There are two options of media you can choose.
- Select the USB drive or the DVD drive from the list which will be shown if the storage medium is connected to your computer. Then, press Next to continue and the Media Creation Tool will start to download the necessary files to create the installation device.
- After the Windows installation disc or recovery drive is successfully created, plug it to the PC. Boot from it. After that, go to Repair your computer > Choose an option > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC. See if the error persists.
Solution 2. Enable Windows Recovery Environment
The first method doesn’t solve the issue? Then, you can try the second method to fix Windows could not find recovery environment issue on Windows. Many users said that this method is pretty powerful.
In this method, we will use REAgentC.exe tool to create Windows Recovery Environment boot image and fo the recovery in the PC. Therefore, you can check the status of the Windows Recovery Environment and enable it.
How to do it? Check on the steps below to enable Windows Recovery Environment:
- Run Command Prompt as administrator using the search box in Windows 10. Do a right click to see the option to run as administrator.
- Type reagentc /info in the Command Prompt and press the Enter button to check the status of Windows Recovery Environment.
- If the Windows Recovery Environment is disabled, then type reagentc /enable to enable it and press Enter.
The progress will take times, so you need to be patient. You will see a message when the progress is successful. Then, reboot PC.
Hopefully after you do the methods above, you can solve could not find the recovery environment issue on your PC and are able to reset your computer. If the error still appears, you can contact the technical support.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Pals!