In this advanced technology era, wireless streaming is pretty common for everyone. One of the most reliable way to do this is by using Google Chromecast. Everyone loves how good this device for their entertainment sake. However, many users reported the networking error that they experienced when they use Chromecast on Windows. In this article, we will discuss the three methods to fix Chromecast not working error on Windows.
Reasons of Chromecast Not Working Error on Windows
In this part, we are trying to figure out the reasons that cause Chromecast not working issue on Windows to find out the methods to resolve it.
Chromecast itself is a digital media playersdevice introduced by Google. This device allows use to stream audio visual content on TV through web apps. Everything can be controlled from smartphone and PC. It works by mirrorring the content from Google Chrome web running on PC or Android smartphone to the HD TV.
Google Chromecast stops working, Chromecast is not found, Chromecast won’t cast on Windows PC or Chromecast not working are the common errors that the users have experienced. These errors cause them to fail to stream the video. The main reason that cause this Chromecast not working issue can come from the software and hardware. You don’t need to worry. We have provided several ways to fix Chromecast not working error on windows.
How to Fix Chromecast not working on Windows
We have provided four best methods to fix Chromecast not working error on Windows. You don’t need to be a professional or special skills to do the methods below. Just do the instructions of each method carefully.
Before we move to the methods, it is best if you can check the basic things in order to fix the Chromecast error. Do as follows:
- Make sure the two devices are connected to similar WiFi network.
- Check if the router and Chromecast have a proper distance (around 4 meters).
Once you have checked those basic things above and the Chromecast not working error still shows up, you can do steps below to solve the problem.
Method 1 – Update Network Card Driver
Outdated network card driver could be the reason why you have Chromecast not working error on Windows. Therefore, you should update the network card driver to fix this issue. Do as follows:
1. Firstly, type Device Manager in the Search bar. Choose Device Manager from the result to launch it.
2. Click the little arrow near Network adapter category to expand it.
3. Right click on the device driver and choose Update Driver Software… .
4. Finally, select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the steps on screen.
Wait for the progress to finish completely.
If you cannot find the driver automatically, you can use a third party software to help you. There are several apps that you can use, such as Driver Easy, Driver Talent, etc.
Method 2 – Reset Stream Permissions
There is a possibility that there are some changes in the permissions due to unknown reason. To make sure that the permissions are correct, you can reset the stream permissions. Follow the instructions below:
1. In the Search bar, write Windows media player. Select Windows Media Player and open it, from the list of results.
2. Then, press Stream and select Allow Internet access to home media…
3. Now, in the pop up window, hit Allow Internet access to home media.
4. Press Yes on the UAC (User Account Control) and click OK.
5. Next, hit Stream, and select Turn on media streaming…
6. In the resulting Media streaming options window, choose Turn on media streaming and click OK.
7. Click Stream once again and put a tick Automatically allow devices to play my media… box.
8. Close the Windows Media Player and try to cast the device.
9. Restart PC.
The Chromecast should have worked like a charm now.
Method 3 – Turn on Network Sharing
If the two methods above fail to fix Chromecast not working error on Windows, you can follow the third method below:
1. Type Network status in the Search bar. Select Network status from the list of the results to open it.
2. Then, press Network and Sharing Centre option present on the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Select Change advanced sharing settings in the Network and Sharing Centre window.
4. Make sure that these two things have been marked: Turn on network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing. Mark it if they haven’t been marked. If they have been marked, you can re-mark them. Save changes and exit the window.
5. Restart PC.
Now, casting the device should all be good and well.
We know how disturbing it is when you cannot stream due to Chromecast not working error on Windows 10/8/7. Therefore you should follow the three methods to fix Chromecast working error on Windows above. We hope it helps you a lot. If you have any queries or methods that are not in the article, feel free to write them in the comment section below. Thank you for reading win10repair.