In this post, we will share the tutorial to create a bootable USB from ISO Windows 10. The Windows bootable USB is required if you want to fix a broken Windows system on PC. It is a reliable, fast and cheap way to perform a clean install on Windows rather than having the copy on DVD/CD. To create the USB boot disk from ISO, we will need a Windows 10 USB tool or USB bootable software.
ALSO CHECK: 5 Best Driver Updater for Windows in 2019
Tutorial to Create Bootable USB from ISO Windows 10
Note: Prepare a USB flash drive with minimum 8GB of capacity.
Method 1: Use Windows Media Creation Tool
Microsoft provides a Media Creation Tool utility that allows you to download Windows 10 ISO file that is compatible for your computer. You can also use this tool to create a USB boot disk. Here are the steps:
- Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft website.
- Double click to run Media Creation Tool.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC option.
- Press the Next button.
- Select the language, architecture, and edition or simply tick “Use the recommended options for this PC”. Hit the Next button.
- Choose USB Flash Drive > Next.
- The tool will download Windows 10 to your flash drive. Then it will create Windows 10 media. Wait patiently.
You will see message “Your USB flash drive is ready” once it has finished. Click on the Finish button.
Method 2: Download ISO File and Burn Windows ISO to USB
- Download Media Creation Tool and open it.
- Follow method 1 until step 7 and choose ISO file.
- Download Rufus app to create a bootable USB from ISO.
- Open Rufus app and plug in your USB flash drive.
- After it detects your USB flash drive, press SELECT and click on START.
- The app will burn ISO to USB flash drive. It will take a few minutes. After you see the Status turns green, click on the CLOSE button.
Now, your bootable USB drive is ready to use. You can use it to repair a computer that Windows 10 Operating System is broken or do a clean install Windows 10 to a PC.
If you have confusion or doubts related to the methods above, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!