Recover deleted/lost files on PC Windows is possible. This is a disaster that can happen to anyone. So, you should worry not. However, there are two methods that we will introduce to you in this post. After you do the methods, you can get back the documents, photos, video or other files that you need.
Tutorial to Recover Deleted/Lost Files on PC Windows
Method 1: Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
Windows has a Recycle Bin to store your deleted files on your computer. Whenever you delete files, they will go to the Recycle Bin before they disappear permanently. So, if you accidentally delete a file on your computer, you can check the Recycle Bin and restore the file.
Here are the easy steps to do so:
- Go to the desktop and right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
- Click on Open.
- Find the files you are willing to recover and select them.
- Right clicks on the files and select Restore to recover the files.
You can also do drag and drop the files from the Recycle Bin to the targeted folder to recover the files.
Method 2: Recover Permanently Deleted Files
So, the files you are looking for are vanished because you accidentally emptied the Recycle Bin? There is still a way to recover the deleted files. However, you will need a third-party software to help you recover the permanently deleted files.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a powerful tool that you can rely on. This app can help you get the files you need. It can recover photos, videos, documents, and many more. Let’s learn how to use MiniTool Power Data Recovery from the steps below:
- Get the MiniTool Power Data Recovery from the official website. Alternative app GT Recovery for PC.
- Install the application on your PC and double click on it to run the app.
- On the left pane, select This PC.
- Go to the right window and select the partition that contains the deleted files.
- Hit Scan and the program will scan through the partition.
- In the scan results, check the files you want to recover.
- Press Save and choose the location to store the files.
- Hit OK and let the data recovery process finishes.
Having a back up is important. You should do it regularly so that you won’t face a case like this. Even though you can recover permanently deleted files using a tool like MiniTool Power Data Recovery, not 100% of files can be recovered. Some files can be damaged and we believe you won’t to have this issue, right?
That’s all about the tutorial to recover deleted files. Hopefully it helps you get back the files you need. If you happen to have any questions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!