Use SyncToy on Windows 10 if you want to sync files and folders on your computer. It is a free program from Microsoft that you can rely on to synchronize the data. This software also allows you to schedule and do it automatically. Wondering on how to use SyncToy on Windows 10? Check on the tutorial below.
ALSO CHECK: 4 Easy Ways to Recover Desktop Files on Windows
Tutorial to Use SyncToy on Windows 10 for File Sync
Step 1. Download and Install Microsoft SyncToy on Windows 10
- Visit Microsoft Website and hit the Download button to get SyncToy.
- Choose the version that meets your Windows PC spec. Select the x86 version for the 32-bit version of Windows 10. Choose 64-bit Windows 10, you want to get the 64-bit version of SyncToy. Then, hit the Next button to start the download.
- Locate the file and double-click it to install the software.
- Click the Accept button.
- Tick I have read and understand the warning above, and agree on the license agreement by pressing the I agree option.
- The installation will start. Wait until the progress finishes.
You have successfully installed the Microsoft SyncToy on your PC. The next step that we will discuss is how to sync files or folders.
Step 2: Sync Folders Windows 10
Let’s try to sync your files and folders using the Microsoft SyncToy. Do as follows:
- Open SyncToy 2.1 on your PC. Hit the Create New Folder Pair button to create a folder sync.
- A pop up window will appear. Click the Browse button to select Left Folder and Right Folder to continue. Then, press the Next button.
- Choose the sync method that you want to use on SyncToy Windows 10.
- Synchronize: Select this option to synchronize any new, updated, renamed or deleted files.
- Echo: This feature works like the previous option but with one difference that is changes are only applied from the left folder to the right folder.
- Contribute: This feature is similarly as the Echo option but it doesn’t allow deleting.
- Write the name of the folder pair (e.g. Backup Folder) and click the Finish button.
- When the SyncToy Action appears, you can see some details about the task. You are allow to change the action. Press the Preview button to see the files being synced. In here, you can exclude the tasks you don’t want. When everything is set, click the Run button.
- Once it has finished, you can see the detail reports.
That’s all about tutorial to use SyncToy on Windows 10 for file sync. We suggest you to schedule SyncToy in Windows 10 to keep your data secure. There are some options that you can take, like daily, weekly, monthly, one time, when the computer starts, and many more.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!